Nashville killed

Started by mrb0jangles, Oct 09, 2005, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrb0jangles

Last night was one amazing show. First time I've ever seen My Morning Jacket though I've listened to them for awhile. When I first heard Jim sing I was blown away by how beautiful it was. And the boys choir rocked. The music took over and I had to just move and dance. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go since it was 5 hours away and I'm glad I did. On kick ass show

peanut butter puddin surprise

and another brother comes into the flock!  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ms. yvon

all the posts of terrific shows are creating a lovely build up to the los angeles show...ONE.  MONTH...
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

realdeal

Highlights for me included:

1. unbelieveble performance of 'I think im going to hell'
2. first time ive seen jim sing without an instrument
3. 'run thru' was probably my favorite of the night,  the ending was rock
4. seeing carl not being allowed back stage because the meat-head security guard did not know who he was

corey

realdeal, are you extremely tall by any chance?
Were you on Jim's side about 5 people away from the front of the stage?

realdeal

i am very tall, but that wasn't me. i was standing on the left side of the stage and was wearing a brooklyn t-shirt with a sport coat. everyone around me was just standing there lifeless. must not be big fans.

corey

Word. That wasn't you, then. We were in the crunk and this tall-ass dude was pretty close to us. He yelled at LA to put down her "free crack/crunk unit" sign.... and the band wasn't even on stage yet if I remember correctly.

mrb0jangles

Haha yeah I saw that sign and it made me laugh. It was my first time seeing them and even I had to move and dance. How could people not at least nod their head or clap their hands or do something? The ending was really rock star.

realdeal

i salute him for saying that. i saw that sign and thought it was imature and childish.

EC

Quotei salute him for saying that. i saw that sign and thought it was imature and childish.
(You're being sarcastic, right?  I think you are.  Okay...)  

highhorseparty

i saw the free crack sign too. funny.

i also noticed not many people were dancing around. i drove 8 hours from jacksonville florida with my friend and we made our way to the very front by the middle of their set. we were pretty wild, and were getting some evil glares, but I DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK!

best i've ever seen 'em!

ycartrob

Wow highhorse, 8 hours (makes me seem "scared" to drive the 4 1/2 to Cincy  :-[). I, too, don't get why people bring the evil glares. You go to the front rows of a rock show, you're gonna have to roll with the territory, it ain't for the timid. It wasn't a SLAYER pit nor was it NORAH JONES...

corey

Quotei saw that sign and thought it was imature and childish.

The sign was so childish and immature that the band asked Brucie to get the sign and tape it to their roadcases during the encore break.

tomEisenbraun

The sign was so childish and immature that the band asked Brucie to get the sign and tape it to their roadcases during the encore break.

i  know dude. what a bunch of asses, the people who made that sign and got it up there. idiots must have had some ridiculous inside joke or something.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

actually, I ran into the sign makers after the show. They were burning all their MMJ cd's and t-shirts, saying Jim James was a corporate sell out b/c he was wearing shoes. What a bunch of jerks...

corey

That tall dude that was holding the sign when Brucie got it was such a jackass too. And that short, fat little fucker right beside him was a total prick.

ycartrob

you know, now that I think about it, everyone at that show was pretty much a dick. In fact, you're all dicks! And I am an asshole. Have a great life you bunch of losers  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

corey

Yeah, I had that tall dude with the Zep shirt on my left and that asshole with the Hawaiian shirt directly in front of me. Worst concert experience ever. You guys blow. Thanks for ruining the show for me.

(Is there a sarcasm emoticon? I need one for my last few posts)
:)

mrb0jangles

haha. yeah i couldnt make it to the very front but i was right in the center. felt so freaking awesome, i cant stop playing Z

craybil

I was 20 min late.   :(
Still yet, one of the best shows I've seen. Second maybe to their Bonnaroo performance. I thought this one was a little better than the Knoxville show friday night. I was in the back though, so I missed the crack sign. I had plenty of room to dance tho and the bar wasnt far. [smiley=rock.gif]