MMJ on Letterman June 8th

Started by nectardan, Apr 08, 2006, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

tdan

QuoteHell yesss.  That was classy.  ;D

There's a mov file waiting for you all in here.

Thanks again Deanna.  We can always count on you and LaurieBlue to hook us up.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

ManNamedTruth

:'( I missed it cause of work damn it!!!!!!!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

Thanks deanna! A chill ran up my spine and a smile lit up my face.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dragonboy

Thank you SO much Deanna, not the first time I've said this & I'm pretty sure it won't be the last
- you truly are a star!!!  :)

EDIT: Fucking Wow...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

LaurieBlue

Yay!  I can share this with all our friends!  Thanks Deanna!

Laurie

LaurieBlue

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2006/06/09/young_texan_enhances_game_plan/

The Pops help rock Letterman show
A day after playing with Bernadette Peters and celebrity stand-in Arnold Palmer, Keith Lockhart and 13 Pops players headed to NYC to do David Letterman's show with ragged rockers My Morning Jacket. (They dressed up for the occasion.) ``Three letters -- Wow," said drummer Patrick Hallahan after performing ``Gideon." ``I can't wait to get 100 of them behind us." (MMJ plays with the Pops at Symphony Hall June 21 and 22.) Said Pops arranger Patrick Hollenback: ``If they play with half the energy they had tonight, it'll be a great show." .

tdan

Quotehttp://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2006/06/09/young_texan_enhances_game_plan/

Said Pops arranger Patrick Hollenback: ``If they play with half the energy they had tonight, it'll be a great show." .

Apparently they do not know what they are in for, unless he is worried about the energy level of the Pops.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

BearCord

Those will be some great shows. Do the POPS allow taping?

"By My Car" would be awesome with some strings!

Foxtrot76

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I just forwarded this to all my friends who have yet to truly experience the Jacket...What a great performance last night...oh, and that OBH at Cocahella made the hair on my arms stand up!!! Goddamn I love this band so much....

sweatboard

QuoteHell yesss.  That was classy.  ;D

There's a mov file waiting for you all in here.

ah, I'm waiting on it to download right now.  I woke up this morning with this horrible feeling in my stomach - half vodka/half missing the letterman performance...........NOW, I think everything will be OK.  Thanks Deanna!!!!  You saved the day.

Brian
There's Still Time.........

marktwain

QuoteThose will be some great shows. Do the POPS allow taping?

If there is a kind and loving God smiling down on us, then yes.

>...speaking of which, how great would Strangulation be?

I didn't see the very end of Letterman - did he have anything to say about the performance?

jacksoncooper

Both of the links that I've seen for downloading the video are currently broken.  Could someone who has it kindly upload to YouTube or GoogleVideo and pass along the link?  I would be eternally grateful.

EDIT:  I was just able to get it from SendSpace, so I'll see if I can post it on YouTube.

OK, Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HvIwhDRsM

rob

Play this at high volume to get the full effect. This was SO amazing......the intensity of the performance.......but mostly the timeliness right now of the LYRICS.......truly incredible.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

aMD

If there is a kind and loving God smiling down on us, then yes.

>...speaking of which, how great would Strangulation be?

I didn't see the very end of Letterman - did he have anything to say about the performance?

He had Z in his hands and said something like, "that was really something wasn't it Paul"  Then he and Paul repeatedly said "My Morning Jacket", "My Morning Jacket".  He seemed impressed.  With all the shitty performers Dave has on, you could tell he enjoyed the Jacket with the Pops, but how could he not?

marino13

He had Z in his hands and said something like, "that was really something wasn't it Paul"  Then he and Paul repeatedly said "My Morning Jacket", "My Morning Jacket".  He seemed impressed.  With all the shitty performers Dave has on, you could tell he enjoyed the Jacket with the Pops, but how could he not?

Dave hardly ever mentions an artist after they've performed other than thanking them along with all the other guests.  They must have left an impression.

October

if the two boston shows are not taped, an amazing treasure will be lost to the world forever.  that performance rocked.  i can't imagine a full orchestra behind them.  

primushead

Quote.........

if the two boston shows are not taped, an amazing treasure will be lost to the world forever.  that performance rocked.  i can't imagine a full orchestra behind them.  

Agreed.  Imagine an entire SET of them with the pops.  It truly would be a magical evening.

JacketGal

Agreed.  Imagine an entire SET of them with the pops.  It truly would be a magical evening.
That would be epic!!!! And I'm sure it was taped!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

EC

i can't even believe what i just saw.  i had no idea that they would be playing with the boston pops on letterman (i never went in this thread).

i can't believe that.  that is one of the greatest things i've ever seen.  you boston people are going to have your lives changed, i think.

oh my goodness.