Bonnaroo Blue Room Thread Chat

Started by JohnnyRage, Jun 17, 2006, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonador

Well, I figured out what that mystery song was.  Turns out it was 'I will sing you songs'.  The reason why I thought it was another song is because it has a VERY similar chord progression as 'I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing'.

Think about it.

Anyway, the reason why I figured this out is that on the way home, I picked up 'It Still Moves' and 'Z'.

BTW, there were 4 imports at the record store.  SandWormCometh, Learning, At Dawn, and Tennessee Fire.  Are these albums I should pick up immediately, or are they going to be around for a while?  (woulda cost me about $80 out the door for all 4)

corey

Hmm... Not sure why any of those would be imports. TTF and At Dawn are actual albums and the other 2 are more demo-type recordings ("Early Recordings") that were released a little over a year or so ago. They should all be relatively easy to find again.

I'd say that you should grab "At Dawn" next, then ease yourself into the others. The "Early Recordings" are more for listening to after you have an appreciation for the other records. The recording quality on most of those are pretty poor as there are a bunch of 4-track type recordings....more for the hard-core fan, but there are definitely some gems on there.

JohnnyRage

pick up at dawn and tennessee fire at the same time.

Borrow the 2 early recordings and see what you think about them.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

BH

No MMJ yet, but Blue Room is finally starting to add some archived footage from Bonnaroo.

Andrew Bird
Dungen
Clayool
Matisyahu
Bela Fleck
Codetalkers
Ben Folds
Brothers Past
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

MMJ is on the Blue Room Bonnaroo Archive now.  

They included:

Wordless Chorus
OBH
Dondante

3 out of 31 >:(

Oh well, you won't catch me complaining. 3 is better than zero right?

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

joey_rogo

Ummm I'm new to this blue room thingamajig, and the archive videos wont load ???

The most likely reason is that my computer sucks, but is there something obvious I'm missing?

BH

QuoteUmmm I'm new to this blue room thingamajig, and the archive videos wont load ???

The most likely reason is that my computer sucks, but is there something obvious I'm missing?

You may have to lower the speed settings on your windows media player.  Also, I had to change a setting on mine to get it to work and now I don't remember.  I will try to find that old thread.....

dragonboy

Off The Record, Golden & What A Wonderful Man have been added  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

QuoteOff The Record, Golden & What A Wonderful Man have been added  :)

I thought that at first too but they pulled those over from Coachella for some reason.

dragonboy

You're quite right, apologies for that, I was still watching the Bonnaroo clips  :-[
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

Either way, it's a quality good time.

I can finally see a little bit of Andrew Bird's set too.  Score!

http://blueroom.att.com/mainstage/index.php

Dee.

testing, testing, disappearing post if I don't post twice in a row.

??? oops?

joey_rogo

You may have to lower the speed settings on your windows media player.  Also, I had to change a setting on mine to get it to work and now I don't remember.  I will try to find that old thread.....

Thanks for your help Bermuda, I fiddled around with a few things including the speed settings and now it works just fine.

BH

dragonboy

A Quick One While He's Away from Bonnaroo on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLyE6bSmeuI&search=my%20morning%20jacket

Sorry if this has already been posted  :)
Wow, amazing stuff!