Main Menu

MMJ In D.C.

Started by Jacketeer, Nov 14, 2006, 07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketeer

Yes, I'm new to the board but I was wondering if there was anyone on here was going to be attending the shows in D.C. at the 9:30 Club? They are on the 27th (a Monday) and the 28th (You got it, a Tuesday).

I'm asking because I am feeling the pull. I really need to go but unfortunately I have no way to get there. So, I was kind of hoping and praying that someone in this area might be interesting in picking up a fellow Jacketeer for one of the shows. I would of course provide gas money.

I don't know if this is an appropriate post for this particular forum, and if not, I apologize.

If you are willing to lend a helping hand, send me a message and I will get back to you very promptly and we can work out the details.

Thanks. Have a good one.

JohnnyRage

I feel your pain. I was looking for someone to split gas and bill money last April to drive from Dallas to Nashville.

Like I said I live in Dallas, but where do you live and why do you need a ride?
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

Jacketeer

I live in Frederick, Maryland and I need a ride because I have no friends with cars (I just moved here), and due to circumstances beyond my control I don't have a license. I could take the metro to D.C. but it doesn't run when the show would end, and I would need to get one my family members to pick me up at the station and let me ya, that would never happen. I thought abuot taking a cab but I just can't afford that. It would be too expensive.

If I can go I am calling in sick to work that day so I can get there on time to stand in line outside in the cold, since I don't usually get out of work until 6p.m.

Did you have any luck finding anyone?

NoVa_NoLa

Hey Jacketeer...I was hoping to be able to give you a lift, but I don't even know where Frederick is.

Maybe you know someone in DC whose couch you could crash on for the night?  Maybe a cheap hotel room (priceline may turn up a good deal for a Monay night)?

Did you purchase a ticket for either show yet?  Tuesday is sold out and at this point, Monday probably isnt' far behind.

Jacketeer

Like I said, I just moved here. I moved here from Minneapolis, actually..so I don't know anyone in the area unfortunately. And no, I haven't bought a ticket yet. I know, I know. Shame on me for waiting until the last minute but I didn't know if I could do this financially until just recently. So, I'm hoping to find someone to go with soon so I can go ahead and buy a ticket.

Frederick is maybe 45 minutes from Baltimore, but other than that I have no idea where it is. I know that part is sad, too.

NoVa_NoLa

Sorry, Jacketeer.  I was thinking that you moved here for a job or school or something and that you might know somebody...anybody.  I live in VA which is the wrong direction.

If you find a place to crash or a cheap hotel, I'd be happy to drive you there after the show.

Jacketeer

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I guess technically I did move here for work, but the only person who I work with that is slightly interested in going can't because of a dollar shortage.

But, yeah..thanks!

brkndwnbus

I am coming from Pennsylvania, but my details are still not clear about when I am leaving and what not. I live in Damascus when I am in MD, which is 20mins from Frederick and Frederick is on my way down from PA. Frederick is sort of big. Are you near FSK mall or Frederick Towne Mall? Those are the two big things up there.

Once my details are more clear about when I am heading down for the Tuesday show I could let you know if I could help you out, but I don't want to promise anything if I can't be 100% sure I can help..I don't know my travel plans down and back after the show for sure yet....Try to let me know where in Frederick you're at.....

NoVa_NoLa

No problem...you should also post on the 9:30 Club's message board.  

It may not be a viable option for you, but the Hilton in DC is $86 for that night.  promo code = PRO

NoVa_NoLa

Both nights of My Morning Jacket are now sold out at the 9:30 Club.

Jacketeer

Thank you all for all of your suggestions and offers, I really do appreciate it. Turns out that I have to go out of town Monday and Tuesday for some family going-ons. Too bad I wont be able to see them, I miss their shows. I've seen them twice, once at Bonnaroo 05 and the other at City Hall in Nashville a year ago.

But like I said, thank you for your help!

--Jacketeer