Bonnaroo Artist Announcement Feb. 14

Started by The_DARK, Feb 09, 2007, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Well there are always at least 2 or 3 artists announcements for the roo, and although I know what you mean by their coming, seeing, and conquering multiple times, i'll still hold out hope. jim solo would be amazing also. i just think that being the greatest live act in music plus the opportunity for collaboration means that bonnaroo NEEDs MMJ.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Reverend ToneZone

They must have forgotten to write MMJ on the list.  It's just a typo right?  Right?  Right?   :'(
None of this is physical . . . at least not to me.

el_chode

Let this be clear, my fellow fans:

If MMJ does not play this year, I will host a MMJ party at my campsite. I make sure to get there early to get central camping. Last year we were pushing jello shots onto everyone under the giant "2"

aMD

Quotedidn't mmj get added late last year? they have to play. i believe they're the only band to play every bonnaroo so far, and last years set was the best show i've ever seen.

in other news...ween...wilco...flaming lips? all we need is neil young and built to spill to have the ultimate concert of all time.

nah, mmj was announced on time, so to speak, last year.  All I can think of is maybe it interferes with a recording schedule.  I don't anything about that, but I'm just trying to think of some reasons.

As for the second part of your quote, you forgot to add the jacket in there!

el_chode

yes...you are right. I am ashamed of myself! my MMJ party at bonnaroo will be my community service to right this terrible wrong.

The Big Come Up

Am i the only one who thought last years line up was 15X better?

cmccubbin25

dammit...we have to get to the bottom of this!

MMJ please play Bonnaroo 2007...you can top last year's set easily!  play 4.5 hours instead of 3.5 and start with the TN Fire and play all the way thru Z and then surprise us with 2-3 new tracks from the new record!!!

if that happened...my head would explode!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

el_chode

i actually like this year's line up a lot better. its more appropriate i think...more jam...aside from MMJ, it's just missing robert randolph. radiohead looks like they're there to do a job and not have fun, which is the opposite of MMJ. Though we don't have Tom Petty to bring in the ladies again like last year.

It'd be hard to top oysterhead though.

i could do without fountains of wayne and franz ferdinand

sideroad32

I think the line-up looks great, but MMJ will be missed if they aren't added...

Very diverse line-up.  Should be great. I'd go for Golgo Bordello and Wilco alone.  Plus maybe i'm stupid but i love the police and have always wanted to see them live.

el_chode

the police are cool. the only thing wrong with the police is sting. anyone in favor of kidnapping sting and convincing jim james to take his place for the roo set?

ItsCalledTheDark22

Well you have to understand.  Look at last years lineup, you see between 80-100 bands on that list.  Right now all you see is about 40 or 50.  They still announce big names and theres still a chance they will be there.  They have no reason not to be. Its got to be their biggest and best show, longest set at least.  

Come on Jacket, Im comin down from Buffalo,NY, 75% because of what you guys did last year for 3 and a half hours.

GaFunk

I saw them at the Fox Theatre and it was fantastic.  I also have the DVD Under Black Pool Lights and I love it.   I did however think the sound on the MTV special that they did from Brazil (? I think) was not great, so maybe you are thinking of that?  I think their raw powerful sound is better in person than on video.

I should get off my ass and go to bonnaroo so I can catch them. I think I'm just a stickler for drumming. They have nice beats, but Meg always seems off beat to me. I'll have to see them to make an educated decision.

aMD

I saw them at the Fox Theatre and it was fantastic.  I also have the DVD Under Black Pool Lights and I love it.   I did however think the sound on the MTV special that they did from Brazil (? I think) was not great, so maybe you are thinking of that?  I think their raw powerful sound is better in person than on video.

I should get off my ass and go to bonnaroo so I can catch them. I think I'm just a stickler for drumming. They have nice beats, but Meg always seems off beat to me. I'll have to see them to make an educated decision.

yeah, meg is a shitty drummer, but she gets a pass since she's a chick.

el_chode

john bonham rarely played on the beat either. not to say meg white is anything close to bonham. the stripes are cool. i don't mind them, but i'm not excited to see them either. if they play against anyone else important, they'd lose out.

i'd go just for MMJ if they were playing.

just one fan

Maybe they're just done with it.  I am too.  EVOLUTION!

The Big Come Up

I just thought of this idea thats so awseome i would die from it
Saturday night at the roo, just as The White Stripes wrap up and people head over to see Tool, they gather around the dark stage. They wait for 30 minutes and nothing happens. Tons of hipsters and hippies, put off by Tool, wander around to the other stages or an MMJ party. Just then, out of no where, the riff from One Big Holiday sounds through the whole farm and the stage stays dark. Everyone runs to the stage in a giant stampede, and just then, the lights fly on and standing in the forefront, shredding away, hair flying, is Jim James, flanked by the rest of the band. Apparently Tool's flight is late, and they had to call up Jim and the boys in an emergency. They then proceed to play the most amazing 3 and half hour set in recorded history.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteMaybe they're just done with it.  I am too.  EVOLUTION!

They aren't done with it. Trust me. Even if they don't play this year.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

I bet even if they don't play, they will still be there.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

If you haven't checked out STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)you should. Their drummer is outstanding.  Its trance jam band at its best. Get your groove on and enjoy.
I will be there when you die!

The DARK

QuoteI bet even if they don't play, they will still be there.
They'll be in a field on the other side of the farm!  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face