MMJ's Christmas EP

Started by Caz, Nov 07, 2006, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

I know this is early and you'll probably hate me... But I'm going to try and make an alternative type Chrimbo compilation for my friends this year.

Anyone know what the MMJ Christmas EP is like? As in, is it Christmassy sounding? ;D

Plus if anyone has any other cool suggestions of bands that have done Xmas songs that might work for the comp. I have a few Pearl Jam ones on the list, and despite it being not alternative at all I will put Merry Christmas (War is Over) on... :)

Again, I apologise ;)
[url="//www.myspace.com/decentdentist"]www.myspace.com/decentdentist[/url]

aMD

the xmas Ep is xmassy sounding.  and it is very good.  there is also a mmj xmas show from 2000 with some carols and other xmassy songs on it.  i'll try and track it down for ya.

aMD

here it is

http://www.savefile.com/projects/101082

at the bottom

thanks to tom eisenbraun for uploading

Caz

Wow! Thanks! That is awesome, am downloading right now :)

You LEGEND ;D

dragonboy

I agree with aMD, the Xmas EP is Xmas sounding & is definitely worth having.
Their cover of Nick Cave's New Morning is beautiful  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

i actually go to this WFPK Xmas show when I'm in the mood for some Jacket christmas, though. i absolutely love the Does Xmas Fiasco Style ep, but as for length and awesomeness, the WFPK show takes the cake, I think, just because some Jacket live is a beautiful thing.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

I'll end up making a mixtape of WPXN and X-Mas Fiasco, I can just feel it. I actually listened to Fiasco last night while I was working on some art... I love it, but WPXN is definately the more Christmassy of the two.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

bug

I have some good Christmas songs you might like, I'll send you a few when I get home tonight.  
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

Caz

QuoteI have some good Christmas songs you might like, I'll send you a few when I get home tonight.  

Wicked! Cheers, that would be great :)

Cheers everyone for the input!  

Clarkwork

Christmas time is here again...

I love that song.  It puts me in a nostalgic mood.  I usually play that one the most around this time of year...
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

BH

Alllll the joyyyy for girrrrrls and boys
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.