MMJ GO UNDER THE SEA FOR A 2 NIGHT PROM IN ATHENS!

Started by admin, Feb 19, 2007, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Dante

Last night was amazing indeed!  My ears are still ringing and my head's still bobbin'.  Looking forward to those pics Kyle.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

amybee

Dancing in the moonlight!  I have to hear this...did anyone tape?  I can't wait to hear more about the show and see pictures.

ms. yvon

road notes:  have just put the call in for room service coffee.  by the time i get it together to get out of this room, i kow it will be almost noon, so getting coffee in here (and me) is imperative.

-woke up with "oh what a night!" in my head.

-i met one person from athens, ga during the show.  everyone else was from out of town.  this guy may have gotten the impression i was hitting on him b/c i asked, "do you live here in town?"   ;D

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteDancing in the moonlight!  I have to hear this...did anyone tape?  I can't wait to hear more about the show and see pictures.

When I passed you in the doorway
You took me with a glance
I should have took that last bus home
But I asked you for a dance

Now we go steady to the pictures
I always get chocolate stains on my pants
My father he's going crazy
Say's I'm living in a trance

But I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
It's alright, alright

Dancing in the moonlight
On the long hot summer night

It's three o'clock in the morning
And I'm on the streets again
I disobeyed another warning
I should have been in by ten

Now I won't get out until Sunday
I'll have to say I stayed with friends
But it's a habit worth forming
If it means to justify the end
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

BH

Are we talking King Harvest or Thin Lizzy?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

okay, the Lobster avatar is the fuggin' greatest!

megsat

Definitly not the Thin Lizzy version.....

The band played a heck of a show but I must be honest.... the sound in the venue was really, really bad.  Durring the first 3 songs, the speakers were crackling probably due to the fact that they busted a speaker or two or three!  There never seemed to be a good mix of the instruments with the vocals and you could hardly make out the words (if you didn't know them already ;) )as the vocals were fuzzy.  

Call me spoiled but after seeing them at the Ryman 2nd row, I do not think anything will ever compare!  

megan

TheBigChicken

QuoteDefinitly not the Thin Lizzy version.....

The band played a heck of a show but I must be honest.... the sound in the venue was really, really bad.  Durring the first 3 songs, the speakers were crackling probably due to the fact that they busted a speaker or two or three!  There never seemed to be a good mix of the instruments with the vocals and you could hardly make out the words (if you didn't know them already ;) )as the vocals were fuzzy.  

Call me spoiled but after seeing them at the Ryman 2nd row, I do not think anything will ever compare!  

megan
really..the 40 watt needs to invest in some more equipment
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

RoughGod

Demon Eyes Are Watching

BH

katehsmc

oh my god- pink ruffled shirt and satin lapels! that's the greatest tux i've ever seen. that would totally get him laid on prom night.  ::)

ms. yvon

helmet hair pix!!

that shot of bo is stellar!

and dancing in the moonlight was king harvest:

Dancing In The Moonlight
   ( King Harvest )

We get it on most every night
   When that old moon gets so big and bright
   It's a supernatural delight
   Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

Everybody here is out of sight
   They don't bark, and they don't bite
   They keep things loose, they keep things light

Dancin' in the moonlight
   Everybody's feelin' warm and right
   It's such a fine and natural sight
   Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight

We like our fun and we never fight
   You can't dance and stay uptight
   It's a supernatural delight

Dancin' in the moonlight

[break]

Everybody here is out of sight
   They don't bark, and they don't bite
   They keep things loose, they keep things light

Dancin' in the moonlight

Dancin' in the moonlight

Dancin' in the moonlight

you can hear a snippet of the original here:
http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Moonlight-King-Harvest/dp/B00000085B
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Nikkogino

Was it way too crowded?  I'm concerned that I am going to be hot as shit in my tux and the amount of people will multiply the heat.

megisnotreal

OMFG.

mmj doing a king harvest cover. !??Q?Q?Q!!!??!?!? god, i cannot wait to hear this.

:o

i wish i could have been there, but i'm glad all y'all had what appears to be a fucking killer time.

ms. yvon

it was warm up at the front, but the rear of the venue was open.  also, there is a COAT CHECK for one buck.  HOORAY FOR THE COAT CHECK!!

meg, kory spotted the mics of a taper back by the sound board.  we'll see what surfaces

...from

under the sea

(couldn't help myself   ;) )

megisnotreal

meg, kory spotted the mics of a taper back by the sound board.  we'll see what surfaces

...from

under the sea

sweet.
8-)

Nikkogino

Quoteit was warm up at the front, but the rear of the venue was open.  also, there is a COAT CHECK for one buck.  HOORAY FOR THE COAT CHECK!!

...from

under the sea

So was it the normal amount of people for the 40 watt, or did they invite less to make room for tables and big dresses?

BH

http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/storage/paper871/news/2007/03/06/Variety/Underwater.Prom.Promises.To.Be.Big.Draw.For.Jacket-2758781.shtml

Underwater prom promises to be big draw for Jacket
by ANNA KRAKOVSKI

The first time My Morning Jacket's Jim James stepped foot into the 40 Watt Club, he realized the venue was prom-perfect.

"Jim told us he wanted to host an 'Under The Sea' prom show," said Velena Vego, the club's booking
agent.

"I was very impressed that My Morning Jacket wanted to do the theme with us two nights in a row," she said. "They're one of the best up-and-coming live bands, and even though they could play at bigger places, they chose the 40 Watt Club which is just awesome."

The band is composed of singer/guitarist Jim James, bassist Two-Tone Tommy, drummer Patrick Hallahan, guitarist Carl Broemel and keyboardist Bo Koster.

My Morning Jacket has made a name for itself by partaking in festivals such as Bonnaroo and Langerado and by playing with bands such as moe., Sound Tribe Sector 9 and Widespread Panic.

It's not surprising the two night event, that will be held at the 40 Watt Club on March 6 and 7, sold out within two days.

MY MORNING JACKET
When: 9 tonight and Wednesday
Where: 40 Watt Club
Price: Sold out

Lucky attendees can expect to relive the high school prom experience with cake, "chaperones," balloons and a whole lot of bumpin' and grindin'.

"It's going to take quite a few hours for the staff to put everything together," Vego said.

If the staff is going to transform the club into the lost city of Atlantis, guests certainly must do their part in dressing up to fit the "Under The Sea" theme.

"Proper attire is mandatory," Vego said. "Anybody not dressed up won't be allowed in."

This calls for fishnets, mermaid attire, lobster suits, snazzy tuxes, elegant evening gowns and some old fashion corsage-boutonnire exchanges.

The two nights are sure to be a lot more exciting than any high school prom ever was, especially since taking a date is not necessary.