MMJ on rollingstone.com take 3rd

Started by mcarroll, Dec 05, 2006, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarroll

My Morning Jacket came in 3rd in a reader's poll voting on the best American band at rollingstone.com, behind Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Considering the giant fanbase of those two bands, it seems MMJ is really starting to break through as a huge band.  They are definitely becoming more popular than I thought.  I voted them #1 obviously, but what can you do.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/12/04/and-artist-band-of-the-year-is/

SiOuxTribe

a lovely quote from a guy called 'clapton is god'

"whatever needs to be done to make you idiots get over My Morning Jacket I am willing and able to do."

Nathan says:

"o, more people in America like My Morning Jacket than Tool huh? That's a fucking disgusting reality."

Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

Dee.

Ew, those comments are a fucking disgusting reality.

fitzcarraldo

Jeez, those 2 need to stop drinkin that Haterade stuff.  :-/

BH

This seems weird.  Number three really?  I mean, they are obviously #1 in my book but I am shocked that they could recieve that many votes in a mainstream magazine.  Maybe it has something to do with me voting 957 times?  

(Just kidding, I didn't even know they were having a poll)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

I am surprised and ecstatic at these results.  And those 2 idiots should take a chill pill!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

Our boys done good! *sniffs proudly*  :'(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ultravisitor

It's probably a result of all the touring they've done, including lots of festivals and supporting Pearl Jam.  They've gotten exposed to a lot of people who might otherwise not have checked them out.

EAZYE

way to go mmj :o   Glad to see the boys getting more pub
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

primushead

To elaborate on ClaptonisGod's quote,

He actually said that it was the biggest waste of $25 he'd ever spent and the show was like sitting through a really bad Widespread Panic show.

Now, as an avid anti-Panic fan, that is a huge insult to me.