Your personal favorite of Jim's T-Shirts.

Started by sweatboard, Jul 28, 2006, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Current standings

Black Beauty - 1
Tropical Palms  - 9
Somebody Loves Me - 3
The (Sexual) Predator - 0
Red Suit - 1

I think this pretty much covers them......

Here we have "Black Beauty" 05/06 Tour

"Tropical Palms" 04 Tour

"Somebody Loves Me" The Old Stand By

Personally, for me....nothing really captures the feel of the whole MMJ experience like the "Tropical Palms" shirt.  It's damn sexy and it seems to say........."Come with me to a secret magical paradise kind of place" .Plus it fits really well.  

Did You Know?
"Black Beauty" can actually be spotted all the way back to the year 2000.  I thought it was something that was brand new for the Z tour.  It turns out I was wrong (apparantly it was just put on hiatus).    

There's Still Time.........

ChiefOKONO

I'm gonna have to go with Black Beauty on this one! :D

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

Dee.

Mark me down as a Tropical Palms supporter.  :)

sweatboard

QuoteMark me down as a Tropical Palms supporter.  :)

Yeah, you know what's up.  If Jim ever auctions that shirt off on ebay for charity or something I'm going to buy it and eat it.

Dee.

doEVILslittle

is that the only one in existence?? cuz i want the somebody loves me t-shirt NOW!

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

sweatboard

Quoteis that the only one in existence?? cuz i want the somebody loves me t-shirt NOW!

A. I'm going to count that as a vote for "Somebody Loves Me"

B. No you can't have one.  It was created by GOD for only Jim to wear, that's why it never has to be washed and it doesn't get lost, stained, faded, or ripped.........Sorry about that.  Also, some people might think that Jim has 18 diffrent versions for each of his three shirts, but this is not true, he only has ONE of each.....and no washing machine. :o  

sweatboard

I saw this coming from a mile away.........No Love for "Black Beauty"  The thing about "Black Beauty" though, is that there is really not much to say about it.  It's just BLACK....................
and Beautiful.  There in lies the beauty of "Black Beauty" and the statement it makes.  It says absolutly NOTHING yet it says EVERYTHING.

ChiefOKONO

if so please report back on it's hallucinogenic properties and any funny stories which may result!!!

Yeah, you know what's up.  If Jim ever auctions that shirt off on ebay for charity or something I'm going to buy it and eat it.

primushead

What about this one Brian?

I've seen it a couple other places too (for instance, when I saw him walking around Asheville).  

It's pretty sweet...anyone have a clearer picture?

Also, my vote goes for the tropical t-shirt.  Only because it was THE ONE that got wet during Steam Engine at Bonnaroo.  Woo!

sweatboard

Ah Yes, "The Predator"  I don't really know what's on that T-Shirt but for some reason it makes me think of The Predator thus the name "The Predator".  I think that must be the shirt Jim wears when he's not actually playing a show.  This would explain him wearing it around Asheville and to The Epiphone Factory.  I'm not sure it's going to recieve many votes seeing how it has what I like to refer to as "a physically painful combination of colors" going on but I'll add it to the list.  Thanks,

Brian

Chills

Tropical Palms. Close win over Somebody in Birmingham Loves Me.

Dee.

QuoteThere in lies the beauty of "Black Beauty" and the statement it makes.  It says absolutly NOTHING yet it says EVERYTHING.

True. story.  I think Black Beauty is too cool for votes anyway.  It does not, and can not, pander to our Game of Fashion.  

dragonboy

My fav of all Jim's fashion statements has to be the Pocari-Sweat wristbands.
He has to wear those at the Astoria!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Tropical Palms - I first layed eyes on this beauty during the solo Steam Engine and I was in love.  

How about the new Mt. Rushmore/fireworks gem from the recent solo tour?  A nod to a better presidential era?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

QuoteTropical Palms - I first layed eyes on this beauty during the solo Steam Engine and I was in love.  

How about the new Mt. Rushmore/fireworks gem from the recent solo tour?  A nod to a better presidential era?

Also a nod to a complete miscalculation on what would be appealing to ones visual senses.  I don't see this one breaking into the rotation anytime soon.  I'm betting this was a one time deal.  Someone probably gave it to him for his birthday or something.  Hey, there is an idea mabey for Jim's birthday we could all send him our favorite T-Shirt.

I'll be sending this one............

"Unicorn Castle (By Moonlight)"

Subject Matter - ACES
Color Scheme - ACES
Sex Appeal - OFF THE CHIZART

sweatboard

True. story.  I think Black Beauty is too cool for votes anyway.  It does not, and can not, pander to our Game of Fashion.  

That's the best point I've heard all day.  "Black Beauty" scoffs at your votes.  By not voteing for "Black Beauty" you are in fact actually voting FOR it.  Good Point Deanna.