Jim's on stage banter.........

Started by sweatboard, Jun 10, 2006, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Ha, I remember that.  You had a sign didn't you?
There's Still Time.........

megisnotreal

tomEisenbraun

This is technically stage banter, but I believe it's from Brucie.

http://download.yousendit.com/70C97CE66C76F6F1

listen closely...

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Jacket Fanatic

Quote"In a few minutes we're gonna turn on the blast furnace back there and really, really give you guys what you came to see... which is a firey bath of molten iron ore. It'll probably kill us all but it'll be worth it - we'll be making a statement about iron ore." - Sloss Furnace 6/3/05."

I was present for this. "A statement about iron ore". You just gotta love it.

sweatboard

Quotewe sure did.

Jim was right you did rock!!!!  I think I had a sign that said Phone Went West for that show.  I also think you scooted over so my wife and I could squeeze in beside you so.....thanks for that it was highly awesome of you.
There's Still Time.........

megisnotreal

I remember that! At the time, I hadn't listened to much MMJ besides ISM, so I remember being like, "What song is that?"

But hey... you're welcome.

I think I also remember Jim talking about their set at Bonnaroo... he still had on the bracelet.

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

My current favorite is from High Sierra Music festival this year.

Over the intro to I will sing songs...     In a Mr. Rogers neighborhood tone of voice

"thanks so much for comming over here tonite to this beautiful stage on this beautiful night to this magnificient stage. you guys bring a tear to my, eye one single tear. cause of how beautiful you are, how happy we are to be here with you on this beatiful night. here in the dark together to share this special moment . thanks so much we're my morning jacket all the way from louisville kentucky. we salute you

You have to hear it to realize how funny it is.
I will be there when you die!

Virgil_Cain

At the Tabernacle on Sun night - 11/12 - he was thanking the crowd at the end of They Ran(several times he thanked the crowd for being so great).  He said - "I just really want to thank you guys from my cold, black heart."
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

sonicsprawl

11/10 in Knoxville, check out the recording on the archive, afte O is The One, wonderful Pro-Sunsphere speech, also the "You make us feel like we belong in the Woman's Basketball Hall of Fame."

megisnotreal

He was talking about the Parthenon and the sun sphere and these columns in San Fransisco, and he said something like, "You gotta hand it to those people. They didn't have to build the Parthenon and those fucked up columns, but they did anyway. They made the right choice."

tomEisenbraun

i absolutely love how he pulled out the "I'd like to thank you all for making the brave choice, the bold choice..." again.

I was really hoping the Free Crack sign would make a reappearance, there.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fan75

Quotei absolutely love how he pulled out the "I'd like to thank you all for making the brave choice, the bold choice..." again.

I was really hoping the Free Crack sign would make a reappearance, there.
Yeah although funny, what was up with the "Free Crack" sign?    :-/

Were they actually talking about the drug crack (I hope not  :P), or was it a reference to crude humor,  like someone's butt crack or something?  ::)
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

MMJ_fanatic

I think it was a tongue-in-cheek gest at giving out free drugs  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

brkndwnbus

pardon me if this one has already been said. I did not read every story on here yet.....

At Club Laga, Jim dedicated a song to the mailman and wished he was in attendance because the song was for him....Who is the mailman you may ask? The one and only: Karl Malone...you know, the guy who could never win a championship so he tried to the cheap way one year and still failed....priceless.....It was funny hearing Jim say that.

ManNamedTruth

Quotepardon me if this one has already been said. I did not read every story on here yet.....

At Club Laga, Jim dedicated a song to the mailman and wished he was in attendance because the song was for him....Who is the mailman you may ask? The one and only: Karl Malone...you know, the guy who could never win a championship so he tried to the cheap way one year and still failed....priceless.....It was funny hearing Jim say that.

Never knew they played that venue I've seen several shows there. I've only been listening to MMJ for a year now and lagas been closed for years. Its been like 2 1/2 years since they've played a show in Pittsburgh I think we're due.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

blue_pete

At the show in Saint Louis last night he talked about how they all went up in the arch. He then made a comment along the lines of "I love the Arch. It's like a great big metal rainbow. When all of us are all gone and the dinosaurs come back it will still be there. This big metallic rainbow."

I thought that was pretty awesome.

dr._moneyshot

Last night he kept eluding to the ceiling of the Riverside which he thought looked like a big mouth with sharp ass teeth.

Later on he called it the monster in the ceiling or some junk like that.

Paulaner

Louisville at the Gardens last night 11/22 -
"I saw my very first concert, Megadeath, right here on this stage"

Some comments about the importance of supporting Pollstar and live music.  Seemed some hometown comments as well

BH

Hate to pat ourselves on the back and all but....

Pat  Pat

Right after the crowd goes nuts for a deafening It Beats 4 U outro at the Pageant in St. Louis.....

"Yesssss.

That's Right!

That's how you guys fucking roll!"

And it's Monday night!

So proud of you.

So proud of how you roll here.

All up in this Bitch!"

;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.