Magnet: Bonnaroo diary

Started by deanna, Dec 05, 2006, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee.

This is from the Oct/Nov issue of Magnet (Shins cover).  I don't think anyone has posted it yet?  My sister just picked this up for me, ain't she sweet?  I didn't even know the Jacket was in it.  :)

Magnet page 1
Magnet page 2

And because those pictures rule, here are a couple sized bigger:
picture 1, picture 2, picture 3, picture 4

bridget

thanks deanna! And those pics ARE great! Looks like Jim has another tattoo there on his upper arm - can anyone make it out?  :)

BH

Nice find Deanna, Thanks!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ali

thanks d! good to see the guys having a great time... bonnaroo is definitely on my list of festivals to one day go to!

is it another tattoo? looks kinda faint... maybe it was a bit of random pen-artwork (i used to do that when i got bored at school)

haven't seen the mag around here yet, but i'll keep an eye out
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Great pics, thanks D!
Is that Ray Lamontagne?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

In picture 1? My guess is Mike DeSalvo.

Maybe someone can confirm this...

dragonboy

Yeah that was the one I meant. Looking at it again maybe it isn't RL. Sorry, my mistake  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

Ghosts_on_TV

That is great. The last paragraph is exactly what I tell people about why I go to Bonnaroo every year.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

el_chode

if you haven't downloaded the show yet from archive go and do it. it is by far the greatest show i have ever seen. reading this gives me goosebumps. what the article doesn't say is that how people from OTHER shows started gravitating towards the mmj set and the crowd far exceeded the tent it was in. if it wasn't the music, the crowd sucked in anyone who walked within earshot of the crowd going crazy.
I'm surrounded by assholes

starry

i've heard that show at Bonnaroo was simply epic...one day maybe I'll make it there...

I met Jim backstage/tent area at Lollapalooza and did the whole"dude, you guys just totally rrrawk" type banter as we waited in line at the bathrooms. Felt like a total dork. But he was incredibly nice.

In this article he mentions Gruff, from Super Furry Animals, but i can't see that they've ever played Bonnaroo...Does anyone know if they have? i love those guys...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei've heard that show at Bonnaroo was simply epic...one day maybe I'll make it there...

I met Jim backstage/tent area at Lollapalooza and did the whole"dude, you guys just totally rrrawk" type banter as we waited in line at the bathrooms. Felt like a total dork. But he was incredibly nice.

In this article he mentions Gruff, from Super Furry Animals, but i can't see that they've ever played Bonnaroo...Does anyone know if they have? i love those guys...

Gruff just played with Bright Eyes, The SFA didn't play Bonnaroo.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mississippi_goddam

That picture with Gillian Welch is perfect.