gigwise.com review of sheffield (+ glasto blurb)

Started by wss, Jun 29, 2008, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wss

i thought this was rather hilarious...

"Despite steadily building their fan base in the US, culminating with a sold-out show at New York's legendary Radio City Music Hall and wowing the masses at Bonarroo festival in their native Tennessee, the Kentucky quintet remain a cult concern in Europe."

i guess they don't teach geography in england.

http://www.gigwise.com/reviews/live/44184/wednesday-250608-my-morning-jacket-@-the-leadmill-sheffield

also hilarious... i heard the q magazine glastonbury preview listed jim as "jim jones" and called mmj a "new indie rock band." i tried to find it online but couldn't.

kymomandstuff

Quotei thought this was rather hilarious...

"Despite steadily building their fan base in the US, culminating with a sold-out show at New York's legendary Radio City Music Hall and wowing the masses at Bonarroo festival in their native Tennessee, the Kentucky quintet remain a cult concern in Europe."

i guess they don't teach geography in england.

http://www.gigwise.com/reviews/live/44184/wednesday-250608-my-morning-jacket-@-the-leadmill-sheffield

also hilarious... i heard the q magazine glastonbury preview listed jim as "jim jones" and called mmj a "new indie rock band." i tried to find it online but couldn't.

The Kentucky quintet from Tennessee!!!!!Hilarious!

AND they called Jim"Jim Jones".HA!Isn't he the nutjob that made everyone drink the kool-aid?!?!?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

D. Sinclair

ycartrob

Evil Urges?
Highly Suspicious?
Remnants?
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream?

take your pick with the good reverend

j_rud

10 years and people still want to talk about their hair. Why is this important?
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

kymomandstuff

QuoteEvil Urges?
Highly Suspicious?
Remnants?

We should all wear "I Drank The Kool-Aid" t-shirts to the Louisville show in honor of Pastor Jim.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

EgoTesticle

QuoteEvil Urges?
Highly Suspicious?
Remnants?

We should all wear "I Drank The Kool-Aid" t-shirts to the Louisville show in honor of Pastor Jim.

[size=24]"HEY, KOOL-AIDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!![/size]
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!