Why are the playing at Madison Square Garden

Started by adam.enterkin, Jun 29, 2008, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

I won't play Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve b/c I don't want to be a sell out...

Penny Lane

Quote.....have you ever heard the Phish NYE 1995 recording....yeah that place sucks for acoustics.....and I have been to two shows at MSG this year (Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood/R.E.M.) and I knew what band was playing and it didnt echo at all.....whatever, I dont want someone with a bad attitude at this concert anyway, everyone is going to be rocking and having a great fucking time without you dude....I cant wait......

PHISH sucked no matter WHERE THEY PLAYED!

Dont hate on PHISH!!!!   Many people on this board will agree they never sucked!  They just didnt play as well when a certain guitar player developed a really bad needle drug habit! >:(

wait, needles? i thought he was just into pills? wow
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

EgoTesticle

Quote.....have you ever heard the Phish NYE 1995 recording....yeah that place sucks for acoustics.....and I have been to two shows at MSG this year (Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood/R.E.M.) and I knew what band was playing and it didnt echo at all.....whatever, I dont want someone with a bad attitude at this concert anyway, everyone is going to be rocking and having a great fucking time without you dude....I cant wait......

Dont hate on PHISH!!!!   Many people on this board will agree they never sucked!  They just didnt play as well when a certain guitar player developed a really bad needle drug habit! >:(

Oh, spare me!

You cannot blame PHISH sucking on Trey's substance abuse problem ....

They were CANOODLERS!

[size=24]CANOODLERS!!!![/size]

And the only things I despise more than canoodlers are mimes, the ignorant and people who buy multiple copies of limited run posters at concerts and then sell them for jacked up prices on Ebay!

Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

grace6697

as long as a band sticks to its artistic core (and with Evil Urges i can safely say, we have nothing to worry about) what's the problem of embracing success?

good for them and good for us!

ycartrob

Oh, spare me!

They were CANOODLERS!

CANOODLERS!!!!

you guys need to take this to the IRRELEVANT board   :-/

EgoTesticle

Oh, spare me!

They were CANOODLERS!

CANOODLERS!!!!

you guys need to take this to the IRRELEVANT board   :-/

.... Do they serve Buffalo Wings at Happy Hour like they do on this Board?

:D
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

Penny Lane

did i miss something? mine was more of a question than a sarcastic comment---in any case...tires are the things on your car that make contact w/road

midwesterner

The person who started this thread is clueless. This is the biggest stage in the world. So many people dream of playing MSG and to play it on  NYE is an honor. This show could easily be the first of many arena venus for MMJ and I frankly can't wait. I have seen them in small clubs with less than a 100 people and I always thought this band should be playing areans filled with 1000 of screaming fans.

Also if the venue pisses you off so much stay home. The rest of us will be rocking the fuck.

PS Look into all of the historical rock concert that have been held there.

Penny Lane

way to make adam cry!

but yes, the #1 dumbest comment/thread/jab of all time. (w/the gold bond thread being the best, of course)

midwesterner

Actually would love to see this become a tradition. Also I have to say MSG is a great place to spend NYE. I have been thgere 4 times for NYE shows and they all were amazing.

Angry Ewok

Quote(w/the gold bond thread being the best, of course)

Thank you!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.