Evil Urges as the Opener......

Started by Tony30052, Jul 01, 2008, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Two Tone

Palms still sweaty with anticipation for my first MMJ show at the Fox in Atlanta.

What do guys think of Evil Urges as the opener?

Personally I love it!

"We're not saying we want it some day, We're ready for it NOW!"

Goes into the breakdown jam and everyone goes crazy and the night has begun!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

as long as they play a shitload of songs in detroit I don't care what they play and I can't say that for a lot of bands.  august radiohead->september sigur ros->october my morning jacket.  mmmhmm good stuff right there.

evil urges is a sweet song, I wish they would completely mixed up every show to be honest.  the formulaic Zeppelin style set or whatever, is cool but with so many fans catching so many shows things might get repetitive.

not knowing what they're going to play next is my favorite part about going to concerts and mmj is pretty easy to predict MOST of the time.  that is literally my only complaint with the band.  I get the point of the flow of the songs and what their trying to accomplish.   pretty good opener, it's not my favorite song in the world though.  I like the verse riff progression thingy.

EgoTesticle

Um .... Yeah ....

.... I think opening with "Evil Urges" is a pretty good bet .....

::)
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

Salacious D

QuoteUm .... Yeah ....

.... I think opening with "Evil Urges" is a pretty good bet .....

::)
Hmm, I don't really think the question was whether or not they *would* open with it, which, anyone who has seen more than one set list could answer, but rather "what do you *think* about them opening with Evil Urges?" which has more to do with 'are you cool with that setting the mood'?

And just for fun:  ::)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

The DARK

I'm cool with it opening. It's one of my favorite tracks on the album, and the bass and drums sound incredible live. I think it'll go the way of Wordless Chorus, opening for all of this tour and then finding a comfortable spot on the next tour. My only problem is that it doesn't give the band enough room to breathe and make more original setlists.

Maybe they could replace it sometimes with Touch Me Pt. 1, which currently seems to have an awkward position in the setlists.
In another time, in another place, in another face

EgoTesticle

QuoteI'm cool with it opening. It's one of my favorite tracks on the album, and the bass and drums sound incredible live. I think it'll go the way of Wordless Chorus, opening for all of this tour and then finding a comfortable spot on the next tour. My only problem is that it doesn't give the band enough room to breathe and make more original setlists.

Maybe they could replace it sometimes with Touch Me Pt. 1, which currently seems to have an awkward position in the setlists.

Touch Me Pt 1 is now on the mixtape I want played at my funeral .....
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI'm cool with it opening. It's one of my favorite tracks on the album, and the bass and drums sound incredible live. I think it'll go the way of Wordless Chorus, opening for all of this tour and then finding a comfortable spot on the next tour. My only problem is that it doesn't give the band enough room to breathe and make more original setlists.

Touch Me Pt 1 is now on the mixtape I want played at my funeral .....

the only song I want playing at my funeral is the one from that movie fivel where the little mouse and the baby mouse sing a song.  that songs sad but really captures who I am as a person.

Honest Man

Not my favorite opener, but definitely gets the joints lit right up.  :D
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

freeport

Yep, the wordless chorus comparison is spot on.  This tour will be pretty predictable. They're riding the wave of buzz and increasing popularity. The new fans know the newer tunes, so we'll here a lot of them.

Not my favorite opener but I'll take it.

DaFunkyPrecedent

remember all the glow sticks....mmmm
God damn those shaky knees.

AMightyCaporal

Quoteremember all the glow sticks....mmmm

which ones? the ones people held or the ones that went wizzing past my head?
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

shockadow

It's perfect for the album and the show openers.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quoteremember all the glow sticks....mmmm

which ones? the ones people held or the ones that went wizzing past my head?

BOTH!!!!! that was magical...oh so magical.  
God damn those shaky knees.

VB #13

I guarantee the MSG set list will not open with Evil Urges. It will be epic, though, lets not forget that.

Salacious D

So they opened up the Belgium show on the fourth with Mahgeetah. . . Hmmm......
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

wss

i hope they start opening shows with "never gonna give you up" or "don't forget me when i'm gone."

CC

Quotei hope they start opening shows with "never gonna give you up" or "don't forget me when i'm gone."

I could see myself finger snapping to "don't forget me when i'm gone"