$10 Tickets for San Diego Show!!

Started by cbullard, Jul 16, 2008, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissyb

Just letting everyone know this fri from 10am to midnight on livenation.com and ticketmaster you can get tickets to see My Morning Jacket for $10

SomeCallMeTim

Nothing like buying tickets at the regular price only to have them discounted later. Does anybody know of any way to get a refund?

I already called TicketMaster and was told tough shit. In this case, it looks like you snooze you win.

BH

The high gas prices must really be taking a toll on......

ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACES IN THE WORLD TO LIVE!!!!! ::)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DaFunkyPrecedent

they're giving away tickets to this show in S.F. this weekend at the Shorline Amp.  A classic venue, with tons of great bands playing (Jesus & Mary Chain, Cut Copy, Yeasayer, M83, The Whigs, Mates of State, Datarock, Tapes N Tapes, RJD2...) and they aren't selling anything.  AND it's only 20 bucks...but for me to drive there, it would be 30$ + round trip, and that just fuckin' pisses me off so I dont think I'm going.  I wonder if we're gonna see a shut down of some of these outskirt city theaters?  

But anyway...Gas prices are messing with my live music experience! and this must stop!
God damn those shaky knees.

doctorpeligro

Was anyone here able to purchase the $10 tickets?  I'm trying now, but it looks like they're sold out.

danz

do you know where they are giving them away?  during the show or before hand?

Quotethey're giving away tickets to this show in S.F. this weekend at the Shorline Amp.  A classic venue, with tons of great bands playing (Jesus & Mary Chain, Cut Copy, Yeasayer, M83, The Whigs, Mates of State, Datarock, Tapes N Tapes, RJD2...) and they aren't selling anything.  AND it's only 20 bucks...but for me to drive there, it would be 30$ + round trip, and that just fuckin' pisses me off so I dont think I'm going.  I wonder if we're gonna see a shut down of some of these outskirt city theaters?  

But anyway...Gas prices are messing with my live music experience! and this must stop!

DaFunkyPrecedent

you had to go to ticket master and type in some "code"...
God damn those shaky knees.

shockadow

Wow, that's a bad sign.  When a band reduces tickets, it means noone has bought enough tickets to pay for the use of the venue.  That is a BAD sign of how things are progressing on the left coast.  I guess those Cali folks have enough of their own bands to worry about a lil' band from Kentucky.  
At least this bodes well for you folks who want to keep the band playing in small to mid-size venues.  But it proves they aren't quite the "Arena Act" that they were promoted as at the beginning of this album/tour.
They ain't no Coldplay. (thank goodness)
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

buymycar

QuoteWow, that's a bad sign.  When a band reduces tickets, it means noone has bought enough tickets to pay for the use of the venue.  That is a BAD sign of how things are progressing on the left coast.  I guess those Cali folks have enough of their own bands to worry about a lil' band from Kentucky.  
At least this bodes well for you folks who want to keep the band playing in small to mid-size venues.  But it proves they aren't quite the "Arena Act" that they were promoted as at the beginning of this album/tour.
They ain't no Coldplay. (thank goodness)

From my experience, it's the promoter that reduces prices, not the band.  What they usually do is discount a whole bunch of shows that haven't sold out to drive people to buy tickets.

shockadow

Regardless of who's doing the reducing, it's apparent that there are a shitload of tickets left for the show.  How big is the venue?
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.