Lighting on this Tour!!!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jan 14, 2007, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

is absolutely fantastic!!! Who loves it????

I think its definitely leapt ahead of what they had on previous tours.. sometimes it is really mesmerizing!!!

.Walt

the lighting was crazy, "wordless chorus" was one of the best i thought.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

the jenerator

Marks addition as the lighting guy has defintly helped take the shows to a new level-dude must graduated suma cum laude of lights for f's sake--
don't stop till you get enough...

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

y2wc

All - it's Marc - with a C not Mark.  And, yes, he knows how to make the lights good

primushead

I've always found lighting really interesting.  Like, I'd love to know how the lighting engineers really put it together, whether it be at a small club show or at a big stadium gig.  

This tour especially has rekindled my lighting imagination.

realdeal

I thought the lighting was terrible at the Gardens show. Thought I was at an Iron Maden show with all the strobes and intense white lights. I prefer the softer oranges and reds.

Let the bashing begin.

CTdeadhead

QuoteI thought the lighting was terrible at the Gardens show. Thought I was at an Iron Maden show with all the strobes and intense white lights. I prefer the softer oranges and reds.

Let the bashing begin.

Iron Maiden??  Did you just admit that you went to an Iron Maiden show??? I thought I was the only MMJ fanatic that likes Iron Maiden!  I was a teenager in the 80s, what they heck else would I have grown up listening to?  And yes the Maiden stage show this year was incredible, not World Slavery Tour incredible, but really fucking great!  Cheers fellow metal head!  Now go ahead, bash away!

**revision** I just read your post again, you THOUGHT you were at a Maiden show.  Well, I still love Maiden and MMJ and that's not a bad thing!  Maybe I am the only metal head on this board after all.   ;D ;D

billybluebeard

After the first show of the last Dallas run-thru, I made sure to tell the lighting-guy (don't know him on a first name basis or anything) that that was the most beautiful light show I'd ever seen at the Gypsy.  And it was.  Hopefully the sentiment wasn't cheapened moments later when I hit him up for his set list.  (I wanted the copy with his notes so I could bust out the strobe when I got home and re-live the experience)

The second show did seem quite a bit brighter (kinda blinding at parts), but I'll attribute that to my lack of medication that night.  I wasn't squinting enough.

Oh and ct, you ain't alone!     \m/    \m/

Why's it surreal when my hands feel they cant roll the jay?

DaFunkyPrecedent

lighting = amazing.  I saw them twice on their new years run and then saw them again in PHX and for every song the lighting was a little defferent.  Really shows they put time into EVERY show to make it unique.  LOVE!
God damn those shaky knees.