Started by wallstreet, Dec 02, 2008, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas

dates have been announced.

june 11-14.

see you there boys!!
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

BH

Just one year I wish it wouldn't fall on both of my daughters' birthdays.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteJust one year I wish it wouldn't fall on both of my daughters' birthdays.

Bring em' along  :) Just keep them away from Shakedown Street. lol

Sadly, I'm not too excited about Bonnaroo because nothing can top 2006 and 2008 short of Jim James himself serenading me by the campfire. I can't think of a headliner that I'd go down there for next year. I've heard U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Dodobird

QuoteJust one year I wish it wouldn't fall on both of my daughters' birthdays.

Bring em' along  :) Just keep them away from Shakedown Street. lol

Sadly, I'm not too excited about Bonnaroo because nothing can top 2006 and 2008 short of Jim James himself serenading me by the campfire. I can't think of a headliner that I'd go down there for next year. I've heard U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Who are you kidding pennylane, if the Verve was headlining you would be there in a heartbeat.  ;)
I know what you mean though. I haven't been there since 2006, I kind of miss that hot and dusty place  :(
I have to wait and see who the announce before I say no.
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

lasvegas

05, 06 and 08 were all amazing. in different ways, but amazing nonetheless.

last year is something i will never ever forget. from the weather to the lights to the originals to the covers, it was as unique a concert experience as you can get, imho.

however, that being said. there is something about those empty acres in the middle of tennessee that bring out the best in this band. and i for one am ALL IN for seeing what they could come up with this year.

VIVA!!

Penny Lane

Quote05, 06 and 08 were all amazing. in different ways, but amazing nonetheless.

last year is something i will never ever forget. from the weather to the lights to the originals to the covers, it was as unique a concert experience as you can get, imho.

however, that being said. there is something about those empty acres in the middle of tennessee that bring out the best in this band. and i for one am ALL IN for seeing what they could come up with this year.

VIVA!!

not to be debbie downer but i don't think MMJ will play bonnaroo next year--i think if anything, JJ will play w/some other people (depends if that M ward/Conor oberst comes out)

i agree about TN, though :) more importantly, i'm going to miss stopping at Sonic on the way down there and getting those tots--they dont  have those up here.

DirtyJerzee

Yeah, Superfly/AC will very likely not bring them back a 2nd year in a row. If I recall correctly, MMJ turned down some festivals this year so they are not over saturated in playing all of the festivals here in the states. I am sure that rule may be in effect for this year as well and they will try to hit ones that they didn't play this year. (Langerado, ACL, Lolla, Wakarusa, Virgin, and so on)

Also, as far the rumors go, Phish, The Dead, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen are the ones that keep popping up. The RHCP rumors has popped up as well on Inforoo and Bonnaroo's message board, but I am just not buying into it. I haven't seen anything on U2, but that would be a great if they did.

getinthevan

Since it won't require a 9 hour drive, I'm definitely considering going.  It will all depend on the lineup though.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy way

Quote05, 06 and 08 were all amazing. in different ways, but amazing nonetheless.

VIVA!!

not to be debbie downer but i don't think MMJ will play bonnaroo next year--i think if anything, JJ will play w/some other people (depends if that M ward/Conor oberst comes out)

i agree about TN, though :) more importantly, i'm going to miss stopping at Sonic on the way down there and getting those tots--they dont  have those up here.

Mmmmmmm....cheesy tots.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

lasvegas

yum, cheesy tots.

<<<<<<<<<<<this guy loves sonic.

purvis9876

Quoteyum, cheesy tots.

Yeah, I feel bad for people up North. I heared yall aint got many Sonics up there.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Dodobird

Quoteyum, cheesy tots.

Yeah, I feel bad for people up North. I heared yall aint got many Sonics up there.

Nope. We don't have any sonics up in the NY area where I am from.  :'(
Please let me know if we do. I guess the best thing we have up north is white castle!!!  :D
One of my favorite parts on driving to Bonnaroo is how you can fill up your gas tank while buying a ton of fireworks and smoking a cigarette! God Bless America  ;D

Penny Lane

Quoteyum, cheesy tots.

Nope. We don't have any sonics up in the NY area where I am from.  :'(
Please let me know if we do. I guess the best thing we have up north is white castle!!!  :D
One of my favorite parts on driving to Bonnaroo is how you can fill up your gas tank while buying a ton of fireworks and smoking a cigarette! God Bless America  ;D

the funny thing is, last year we drove all night and rolled into Sonic at about 6am and ordered (3 of us) tots, fries, shakes, burgers, etc---and we were so sick. I need to time it better next year--

they have commercials for sonic here but i don't know where there is one? maybe in south jersey?

ALady

QuoteYeah, Superfly/AC will very likely not bring them back a 2nd year in a row. If I recall correctly, MMJ turned down some festivals this year so they are not over saturated in playing all of the festivals here in the states. I am sure that rule may be in effect for this year as well and they will try to hit ones that they didn't play this year. (Langerado, ACL, Lolla, Wakarusa, Virgin, and so on)

Do you think?  They've played 5 out of 7 Roos...I'm kind of counting on them being there.  Roo always seemed kind of like their festival "home" to me.

I'll be there regardless   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lasvegas

Quotethey have commercials for sonic here but i don't know where there is one? maybe in south jersey?

yeah there are a couple in the dirty jerz i think.

nothing here in the city.

Penny Lane

Quotethey have commercials for sonic here but i don't know where there is one? maybe in south jersey?

yeah there are a couple in the dirty jerz i think.

nothing here in the city.

we just got a "Five guys" burger place in Hoboken (i think they have them in the city--) that may be the closest I know?

FYI-i would never throw cheese on the tots--the crispness of the tot gets all submerged in there. And being that it's fake cheese, it dries too fast creating that disgusting waxy coat on the tot.

LEATHER KID

Not to be a jam band Nazi or anything but I hope this year is not all about Phish.  I like the indie rock direction things are goin.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

DaFunkyPrecedent

QuoteNot to be a jam band Nazi or anything but I hope this year is not all about Phish.  I like the indie rock direction things are goin.

phish at roo could either be really cool or really fuckin' shitty!
God damn those shaky knees.

Dodobird

QuoteNot to be a jam band Nazi or anything but I hope this year is not all about Phish.  I like the indie rock direction things are goin.

I am not a huge Phish fan but I would like to see them at the roo this year. I have never seen them live. What would make it really shitty if they played the roo this year. They have a very cool following of fans so I could only imagine it being really cool?

Penny Lane

I am not a huge Phish fan but I would like to see them at the roo this year. I have never seen them live. What would make it really shitty if they played the roo this year. They have a very cool following of fans so I could only imagine it being really cool?

if phish headlines, i doubt even the temptation of the tots  and seeing Levon again could persuade me to go down there.