Bonnaroo 2009

Started by wallstreet, Dec 02, 2008, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas

i'd be down with phish there. they put on an amazing live show, and lets face it many of there fans have been there the past few years already.

i say bring it.

i'll take phish, panic and the boss as my headliners. with another sick mmj late night set...perhaps on the main stage this year...
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Ghosts_on_TV

The rumor that is really picking up steam is...

Boss
Phish
Phish

I'm all for Phish there but I don't like the 2 night deal. Said the same thing when Panic did it. Twice. It is however, just a rumor.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

i've never seen Springsteen. I'd be down for that...

phish 2 nights= :-X
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei've never seen Springsteen. I'd be down for that...

Hell yeah, me too! I'd love to see Phish there as well, just not 2 nights.

hizzo

I bought a pre sale ticket this morning. Let's hope the lineup is great! I love me some BONNAROOO!!!!!  :D
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Dodobird

Agreed. 2 nights of Phish would be poop. but why all the hate on Phish?
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

Colonel Forbin

i hope mmj just plays at small festivals this year similar to what flaming lips did but i have never seen them at roo and would love to see them there

xmascriminal

Because they're BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG. Ugh. If you ever want to get any information out of me, just put one of their studio albums on.

purvis9876

Because they're BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG. Ugh. If you ever want to get any information out of me, just put one of their studio albums on.

;D ;D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Dodobird

I agree that their studio albums are extremely boring. As I said earlier, I am not a big Phish fan, but I have heard good things about there live shows and I have never seen them live. One night of Phish and the roo wouldn't upset me. Have you ever seen them live?
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

Penny Lane

I agree. I like 2 albums (Billy Breathes and Farmhouse) but even those songs don't excite me---even if they played the jam extended 20 min version of all the songs. I never got it in college when i'd walk in a dorm room and they'd be playing the live extended mix of 'bouncing around the room' like it was Free Bird or something. I'm not a Phish hater, just not my thing---and i can usually appreciate other peoples' things--just not this. I know there are a ton of Phish fans on this board, just my opinion.

ALady

I feel like Roo might go for the Phish/Dead one-two punch this year, thus the earlier-than-usual presale.  That'd do it for me, but add a MMJ late-night set, and I'd be in heaven.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

AintNoFreedom

I've been to Roo two years in a row now and loved it even more the second time... BUT, I'm waiting for the lineup to commit, because I've heard good things about Rothbury as well.

We shall see...

Kenny76

I'm sure Roo will be a great time next year, but it's getting pricier and there's no food for VIPs (WTF?).   i had a bonzariffic time this year, but that was the only real vacation I could afford, so I'm doing some different things next year, but I'm gonna try to go to one of the local fests (like Mountain Jam).

i also suspect that MMJ won't be at Roo '09.  but that's a suspicion based on no evidence whatsoever.

Ghostess on TV

There's no food in VIP this year?  Wow...I thought that was the greatest thing about it... well, and not having to use a job johnny in 100 degrees...

purvis9876

QuoteThere's no food in VIP this year?  Wow...I thought that was the greatest thing about it... well, and not having to use a job johnny in 100 degrees...

? Is this the same thing as a port-a-potty? I think I like job johnny better.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Penny Lane

QuoteThere's no food in VIP this year?  Wow...I thought that was the greatest thing about it... well, and not having to use a job johnny in 100 degrees...

i got upgraded to guest camping last year and there was no food provided and it was impossible to get ice-- i missed the VIP treatment. that stinks if they eliminate that. also FYI there are no air bathrooms in guest camping like there are in VIP, only showers.

Ghostess on TV

? Is this the same thing as a port-a-potty? I think I like job johnny better.

Ha! Yes, it is the same thing...that's what we hicks up here in PA call them..

Kenny76

the port-o-potties at Roo this year had a hilarious brand name, but I can't think of what it was right now... anyone remember?

Ghosts_on_TV

I have a hard time believing that there won't be food in VIP this year.