NYE, Start time? End time?

Started by user_FKA_webmoster, Nov 26, 2008, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_FKA_webmoster

So being that this is a NYE event, will it start at the usual, around 9 PM? And being that its a special night, do you think they will play for a long long time? I know for Radio City Music Hall they play just about 3 hours. I'd assume if they can they'd go longer. Will we be there at midnight, etc, etc...

If anyone has any insight into this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

hood16

I would expect a similar situation to the roo earlier this year.  Two seperate sets with the second one starting right around the time the ball drops.  I'm sure they will rage it as long as they want too.  Hell phish used to own that venue on new years and play till whenever they felt like.

axround3r

im a little nervous since i found out the last train back to nj is 130? I would figure theyd be running all night...

DirtyJerzee

Where abouts do you live in NJ? If you are semi close, there may be ways to getting back. I live over in North Bergen, but that is a skip and a hop away.

j_rud

Quoteim a little nervous since i found out the last train back to nj is 130? I would figure theyd be running all night...
I didnt know that, my hotel is in Jersey...ugh, this should be fun...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quoteim a little nervous since i found out the last train back to nj is 130? I would figure theyd be running all night...
I didnt know that, my hotel is in Jersey...ugh, this should be fun...

Not to worry, friend.

NJ Transit runs trains well past 3 and 4am every New Years Eve...

Past examples:
http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=4355

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=4905
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

edierevolution

they're playing 2 sets...

9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
11:55 pm - 1:00 am

should be able to make a 1:30am train no problem.

DirtyJerzee

Do you think there is any chance they will go past 1 or is that the max time they are being allowed at the Garden?

Salacious D

Quotethey're playing 2 sets...

9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
11:55 pm - 1:00 am

should be able to make a 1:30am train no problem.
That sounds awesome. Perfect!
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

edierevolution

QuoteDo you think there is any chance they will go past 1 or is that the max time they are being allowed at the Garden?

my guess is that it won't go past 1am. There's going to be a union crew standing by to strike everything, and those guys aren't cheap. Every minute they go past 1am is going to cost them mucho dolares!

jmk

Not only do I hope, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go well past 1 AM. They know how important this show is, and I don't think they're gonna want to stop partying at 1. This is New Years in the Big Apple and MS F'ing G.

Though a bit different, their Bonnaroo set this year was scheduled to go from 12 AM - 3 AM. It ended up going until 4, and they said they wanted to do even more, but the rain prevented them.

For NYE they're scheduled for 4, and I'm hoping for 5. Or 24.

ALady

QuoteDo you think there is any chance they will go past 1 or is that the max time they are being allowed at the Garden?

my guess is that it won't go past 1am. There's going to be a union crew standing by to strike everything, and those guys aren't cheap. Every minute they go past 1am is going to cost them mucho dolares!

Let's take up a collection, then...   ;D

I'd be very surprised if they stop at 1.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

LowDownLuvDawg

stopping at 1 AM would be very lame...

Penny Lane

my company does a lot of events at MSG and i think ALady is right...MSG is a pain in the a**. Everything is by the book and $$ and union.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LowDownLuvDawg

ya i guess that actually sounds about right... the Phish New Year's 95 show was slightly over 3 1/2 hours of music. i don't know the start or end time but i'm assuming it started around 9. Anyone there?

walterfredo

Quoteya i guess that actually sounds about right... the Phish New Year's 95 show was slightly over 3 1/2 hours of music. i don't know the start or end time but i'm assuming it started around 9. Anyone there?

I wasn't there in 95 but saw Phish NYE at MSG in 97>98 as well as 2002>2003 and neither went much past 1 A.M. if I remember correctly.  I do remember that their show on 12/30/97 at MSG went extremely long for a non-NYE show and I do believe they got into a bit of hot water with MSG about going over there allotted time.  I believe they paid a hefty fine.  

bababooey

So what time do the doors open? I have pit tickets and I want a good spot. Anyone know how early people will get there?

walterfredo

QuoteSo what time do the doors open? I have pit tickets and I want a good spot. Anyone know how early people will get there?

I'm in line right now

the_wizzard

QuoteSo what time do the doors open? I have pit tickets and I want a good spot. Anyone know how early people will get there?

I'm in line right now
;D ;D ;D ;D

logan5ive

edierevolution,
You seem to have some good inside info. Can you tell us if the show is going to be audio- or videotaped by/for the band for future release? A show going to be this epic needs to be captured in sight and sound. :)
John
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]