NYE opening act?

Started by ctdeadhead, Oct 03, 2008, 12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

There was talk it would be M Ward which I really hope, or She & Him, Has there ever been an official confirmation?  

Murph

as of right now it is still billed as "an evening with", which means there is no opening act.

bold99

I'm guessing it will be an Evening with but there is def a chance M ward or Zooey shows up...i'm hoping.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Penny Lane

i'm hoping for Yo La Tengo--
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mymonkeyfriend

i think it would be awesome if the black keys showed up again.

left field request- howlin rain or band of horses

BH

I thought for sure they would have one other fairly big name to help sell tickets.  Is there anyway to find out how many tickets have sold to this so far?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

alexzbik

i thought the original rumor (before the show was even announced) was Yo La Tengo & M. Ward opening.  that would pretty much be a dream come true.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

coupon

I heard its gonna be Hanna Montana. For the ticket sales, you know?

Penny Lane

yo la tango just announced they are playing the wellmont theater on NYE (w/the Feelies) so i'm ruling them out :-(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

The Doobie Brothers sound good to me...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bold99

QuoteI thought for sure they would have one other fairly big name to help sell tickets.  Is there anyway to find out how many tickets have sold to this so far?

If you try to buy 2 tix right now I think the best available are in the 300's if that is any indication.

easy way

Quotei think it would be awesome if the black keys showed up again.

left field request- howlin rain or band of horses

The Horses are in Atlanta...I would like to see a Jim and Ben show at a random festival though. Left field dreamers... ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

DaFunkyPrecedent

...i hope it's just MMJ for 4 hours
God damn those shaky knees.

CTdeadhead

Quote...i hope it's just MMJ for 4 hours
No I hope its M. Ward for an hour and fifteen and 4 hours of MMJ!!

ms. yvon

Quoteyo la tango just announced they are playing the wellmont theater on NYE (w/the Feelies) so i'm ruling them out :-(
dear santa,

for christmas i would like a time travel machine so that i can attend both the yo la tengo and my morning jacket new year's eve shows this year.

thanks in advance.

your pal,

ms. y.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

bold99

Quote...i hope it's just MMJ for 4 hours
No I hope its M. Ward for an hour and fifteen and 4 hours of MMJ!!

I could be on board for this.   I also wouldn't mind if the Drive-By Truckers came by and gave us about an hour of ROCK.  A guy can dream.

LowDownLuvDawg

All MMJ... an opening act will simply be a waste of time

Bigsky

QuoteAll MMJ... an opening act will simply be a waste of time

I fully agree...an opening act will just take time away from the boys. I also think if there was going to be an opening act they would have announced it already.

ManNamedTruth

They haven't had an opener since when? Red Rocks? Why would they have an opener on New Years?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

xmascriminal

QuoteAll MMJ... an opening act will simply be a waste of time

I fully agree...an opening act will just take time away from the boys. I also think if there was going to be an opening act they would have announced it already.

I'm a little bit conflicted since I really enjoyed The Slip in 06 and, if it wasn't for openers, I might never have heard MMJ or Yo La Tengo (w/ The Flaming Lips, best combination ever). Then again, hearing those extra few songs this time around was really great. And I've hated most of the openers I've seen. So, I don't know. . .