has anyone seen this??

Started by twotonetammy, Feb 20, 2007, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotonetammy

hey everyone!

i saw this on a diff forum and i decided to post it here, kind of like an ice breaker or something:

http://www.knover.com/Search/my%20morning%20jacket

from what i gather, it connects the band to a bunch of other bands/people... it's kinda cool, and there's loads of good articles to read.  my only problem w/ it is that there isn't much current stuff...

either way, enjoy! :)

sam

Angry Ewok

Neat. This might help folks spread out and try new sounds.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

Nice find twotonetammy, thanks for posting ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

billybluebeard

Wow, that brought back a memory of the first time I got defensive about the Jacket.  When they opened for Ben Kweller (or as I like to think "when that kid from Radish was lucky enough to be allowed on stage to give everybody a chance to regain their sanity after MMJ fucking killed the Galaxy Club"), during a quiet bit (which is my favorite stuff) I overheard some kid standing behind me say "it must be My m-o-u-r-n-i-n-g Jacket".  I honestly considered droppin' him.   >:(  But then the Flying V came flying out, the lights went waaay down, and the sound of Black Sabbath being channeled through MMJ overwhelmed all in attendance.  I forgot about that punk.  I forgot about everything... including bladder control.  

You know it's a good show when you wet yourself!  

Why's it surreal when my hands feel they cant roll the jay?

Angry Ewok

QuoteI forgot about everything... including bladder control.  

That is fuckin' hard core, man.

Rock on.

cmccubbin@work

QuoteWow, that brought back a memory of the first time I got defensive about the Jacket.  When they opened for Ben Kweller (or as I like to think "when that kid from Radish was lucky enough to be allowed on stage to give everybody a chance to regain their sanity after MMJ fucking killed the Galaxy Club"), during a quiet bit (which is my favorite stuff) I overheard some kid standing behind me say "it must be My m-o-u-r-n-i-n-g Jacket".  I honestly considered droppin' him.   >:(  But then the Flying V came flying out, the lights went waaay down, and the sound of Black Sabbath being channeled through MMJ overwhelmed all in attendance.  I forgot about that punk.  I forgot about everything... including bladder control.  

sounds like that kid is a douche.  he is probably a Nickelback fan.

there's a punk kid (his name is Corey Greenwell just to disclose his doucheness) i went to law school with that pretends to be this total music snob and he supposedly loves all these great bands.  

EXCEPT..he would always hate on MMJ.  i finally cornered him drunk in a bar and got him to admit that he doesn't like MMJ b/c "it is cool to like MMJ."  that made realize his doucheness and that he isn't worthy of the JACKET!!!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

Angry Ewok

Yeah, rejecting what is considered cool by the general pop is the trendy thing... but since when was MMJ in that category? I didn't know that they had caught on so well that they were in the same listing as, say, whatever flavor of the month band is getting BJ'd by Rolling Stone.

cmccubbin@work

i think he meant that they are the cool indie band on the scene and he is too cool for that...i guess he only likes unheard of indie bands...i don't know.  

its a waste of time to try to discern the logic of an idiot-douche.

it just makes me want to punch him in the face.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.