NYE Led Zeppelin Predeiction,,,maybe?

Started by Bigsky, Dec 29, 2008, 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

So there is this rumor going around that the boys might be playing some Led Zeppelin on NYE. I don't know where this started or how valid it is, but I was wondering about its practicality. Whenever I have heard of a band covering or paying tribute to another band they usually always play an entire album (like Phish did when they played the White Album). So I started wondering how likely it is that MMJ will sacrifice an entire show (or a large portion) of their own magic for an album of Zeppelin.

I am no expert on Led Zeppelin, but maybe one of their albums could be played in its entirety after the ball drops (from 12-1am).

Any thoughts? :-?

bold99

I doubt it....I think if they do it it will be a song or two...I think they are too diverse to do a whole set.  I think like usual it will be a variety.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

fleabag

I don't think it will be a whole set either, but as mentioned earlier by other posters, they were overheard in Philly playing "the lemon song" during the soundcheck.  That was so cool.

I think whatever they have in mind will surprise people though.  
...words only got in the way

fleabag

Oh, and I just remembered that whole sequence from "the song remains the same" where Jimmy Page climbs up a mountain to see that father time looking dude during dazed and confused (I think).  

The song remains the same was filmed at MSG.  And there is a father time dude on MMJ's poster for this gig.

I just blew my own mind thinking about that.  anyway, back to my morning coffee ....
...words only got in the way

Bigsky

QuoteOh, and I just remembered that whole sequence from "the song remains the same" where Jimmy Page climbs up a mountain to see that father time looking dude during dazed and confused (I think).  

The song remains the same was filmed at MSG.  And there is a father time dude on MMJ's poster for this gig.

I just blew my own mind thinking about that.  anyway, back to my morning coffee ....

Those could be clues... :o