"Dress to tha nines" for NYE

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny76

Quotekenny you are killing me i wanted to use this board to find my one true love...           maybe we can find 2 and make it a double.

you're looking in the wrong place, brutha.  you find your true love in the dreaded fire swamp.

and by the way, has anyone ever been on a double date in which you become interested in the other person's date?   i haven't.  i just thought it'd be funny if someone had.  ;D

bluesky

come solo! I've gone to many shows alone and will do the same for nye...

kydiddle

Quotekenny you are killing me i wanted to use this board to find my one true love...           maybe we can find 2 and make it a double.

you're looking in the wrong place, brutha.  you find your true love in the dreaded fire swamp.

and by the way, has anyone ever been on a double date in which you become interested in the other person's date?   i haven't.  i just thought it'd be funny if someone had.  ;D

NYC definitely has a lot of R.O.U.S's...

And no to the double date question.
Cow temperature.

Penny Lane

Quotehaha, i don't mean to hijack your style mmjacorns, but it turns out I need a date too.  a week ago, I didn't think I'd be going, and now I've suddenly inherited two tickets.  and all my friends have their damn plans with their wives, those lamers.  ::)

anyway, to all the single ladies of mmjdom, i think pennylane will vouch for me that i'm a spiffy guy.  just as long as you don't mind me being 8 feet tall with my top hat on.  8-)

yes i can definitely vouch for kenny, i have met him and he is super nice and only turns evil if he touches water...er....wait...--(but if you wear that hat and try to stand in front me of, you're getting a knee to the cajones, just sayin)  :P
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Kenny76

Quotecome solo! I've gone to many shows alone and will do the same for nye...

I wouldn't mind going solo, but that still leaves me with an unused ticket.  That's one less soul that could be rocked by the Jacket!  'Twould be a shame.

Kenny76

Quotehaha, i don't mean to hijack your style mmjacorns, but it turns out I need a date too.  a week ago, I didn't think I'd be going, and now I've suddenly inherited two tickets.  and all my friends have their damn plans with their wives, those lamers.  ::)

anyway, to all the single ladies of mmjdom, i think pennylane will vouch for me that i'm a spiffy guy.  just as long as you don't mind me being 8 feet tall with my top hat on.  8-)

yes i can definitely vouch for kenny, i have met him and he is super nice and only turns evil if he touches water...er....wait...--(but if you wear that hat and try to stand in front me of, you're getting a knee to the cajones, just sayin)  :P

turn evil if I touch water?  what am I, a mogwai?  wait... they multiply if they touch water.   yeah, just don't feed me after midnight.

and for the sake of my manhood, I'll make it a point to never stand in between you and Jim James. sheesh!    ;)

ALady

I wouldn't mind going solo, but that still leaves me with an unused ticket.  That's one less soul that could be rocked by the Jacket!  'Twould be a shame.

I have a feeling that if you show up to this thing with an extra ticket, you won't be alone for long...   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

I have a feeling that if you show up to this thing with an extra ticket, you won't be alone for long...   ;)

Exactly.

You still have a few weeks to find someone to take the ticket off your hands. Try to find someone on the board here that is without ticket or has a friend that needs one. And definitely don't worry about going solo -- a lot of people are going alone. I've heard of a meetup prior to the show, which I'll be at alone (and other people will be, too!) since my friend won't be in the city until she gets off work...almost show time. I hate doing stuff like that stag, but I'm excited to hopefully meet new people. Plus if I decide to wear heels I'll be above the 6'0 mark (yikes) so we can talk about the poor people who have to stand behind us at the show.

:)
Cow temperature.

fleabag

Just pm'd kenny76, but if anyone has a single ticket they would like to unload, I'd like to get my hands on one.

should have bought one this summer, but ...

you could PM or e-mail me.
...words only got in the way

walterfredo

QuoteJust pm'd kenny76, but if anyone has a single ticket they would like to unload, I'd like to get my hands on one.

should have bought one this summer, but ...

you could PM or e-mail me.

I have a single floor ticket, it's not Pit GA, but it's on the floor.

blenderbaby

>>>>is going alone, except "Pam" will keep me company......  ;)
A lie is not always a bad thing, as it must lead to a truth!

blenderbaby

er....practical question if i may.  Can anyone tell me if a "Top Hat" has any metal inside it (in the banding maybe???,  flying here you see...) :-?.  ...and will Airport security give me a hard time because it could possibly hold more than 5 Gallons of liquid!!!! :-/
A lie is not always a bad thing, as it must lead to a truth!

the_wizzard

QuoteMy shirt/dress is going to be sleeveless... oh well.. Not like I never jumped into snow naked before...  :-?
Ghostess...you sound like my kind of person!  Party people in tha' house!

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteI'm 6 foot 7.  Would it be outrageous if I wore a top hat?  And would it be outrageous in a good way or bad?  (I could, of course, take the hat off during the show.)

Nah...wear it...I'm 6'4 and standing in front of you, no one will complain about my blocking their view.  ;D  

So, we can line up back to front like this:

Kenny in top hat -- 6'7
Nova_Nola in flats 6'4
Kydiddle -- 5'10 right?
ThePennyLane -- is little right?  

[size=9]edited to adjust order[/size]

BH

Hey Kenny!  I'll go with you big boy if you fly me out there and put me up somewhere nice. ;) :-* :o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

QuoteI'm 6 foot 7.  Would it be outrageous if I wore a top hat?  And would it be outrageous in a good way or bad?  (I could, of course, take the hat off during the show.)

Nah...wear it...I'm 6'4 and standing in front of you, no one will complain about my blocking their view.  ;D  

So, we can line up back to front like this:

Kenny in top hat -- 6'7
Nova_Nola in flats 6'4
Kydiddle -- 5'10 right?
ThePennyLane -- is little right?  

[size=9]edited to adjust order[/size]

Maybe we can do some sort of cheerleader stance and hoist up pennylane. :)
Cow temperature.

NoVa_NoLa

;D

I think she would definitely get JJ's attention that way.  :)

Vinny

Nice concept but I am wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers.

Formal wear is not made to ROCK OUT!

kydiddle

Quote;D

I think she would definitely get JJ's attention that way.  :)

She needs to get his attention to see if he remembers her.
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

QuoteNice concept but I am wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers.

Formal wear is not made to ROCK OUT!

Oh, Vinny.

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny.

At least wear a tuxedo t-shirt or something.
Cow temperature.