Main Menu

new merch

Started by EC, Mar 28, 2006, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

'wiggum just pointed this out to me and i didn't see it before.  in the merch you can buy a "z" tour GIRL tshirt and the proceeds go to help people in new orleans.

[size=8]i. love. this. band.[/size]
i have a question - are these only available online, or can i buy one in nashville?

ali

i thought that was a great idea... every little bit helps!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

wellfleet

just a note...
this IS a wonderful cause and you fellow girlies out there should be thrilled but take notice that the girl shirts are made very very very small... and if you put them in the drier, you will pretty much have to donate the shirt to a little sister or your chihuahua.
the large size will not fit size 10+ girls or girls with larger chests without riding up and being unflattering... doh...

that said, if you measure up (haha!) it's so awesome of the band...
everything sucks. really.

EC

hm.  maybe they're doing it because they want to see girls in tight t-shirts and it's all just a clever ploy?

;)

i'll wear a tight t-shirt for new orleans.  

speaking of girls, i just noticed that there's just me and welfleet and ali on here right now.  i believe this is a first in the forum history.  hi ladies.  :)

ali

:)

hmm i have an ongoing issue with clothing-sizing - seems so damn inconsistent! so a "large" doesn't fit a size 10 (which if your 10 is the same as ours) is a fairly average size...
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tenn

Quotetake notice that the girl shirts are made very very very small...      
I have a Large in one of the girls shirts and sadly, it's too small after washing.
I'm definitely buying the men's shirts next time

wellfleet

well, i gotta admit that if i weighed 90lbs, i would totally rock the baby-T look. but i just don't want to look like a Playboy bunny in the front row... i don't want to be THAT girl...
i shopped at American Apparel stores because i dig their philosophy but always had to buy boys' shirts and hoodies. my tiny friend Jessica who is a professional ballet dancer and is barely 5' needed a medium...

i think a 10 is about average, 130lbs plus, or a 36" bust...

i like big busts and i cannot lie, all you other bruthas can't deny...
everything sucks. really.

EC

i hear you ladies.  we've got more complicated bodies than men.  boobs and stuff make sizing hard, i guess.  

i will never forget the time i found this awesome t-shirt that came with darts.  it was so wicked.  haven't seen one since.

i wonder if we could buy the men's shirts, and re-sew them with better necklines, shorter sleeves and darts...  hmmm.....  

leafygreens

Thought I'd join in on the girl-chat, even though I don't post too much.  But I saw this and LOVE the idea for the girls' shirts with a cause behind them.

Do you all think (or know if) these are normal t-shirt (cotton) just sized smaller or those stretchy (ribbed) "baby" tees?
  Do you think a large would be like a kids large (because unfortunately I can fit into that..ha!)??

My other question is:
Are the regular shirts just standard adult generic t-shirt sizing? or actual men's t-shirt sizes? Because there IS an extra-small in the regular tees.

BIGVICLBI

if they don't have xxl shirts at the concert in philly i'm seriously gonna make my own. my brother and a buddy both have shirts i bought/was given cause they were too small.

fitzcarraldo

High Five MMJ!!!

BH

Just noticed there is some new shirts, a new jacket, a benie, stickers, buttons, etc. in the MERCH section.

Can anyone tell me what that jacket is made out of?  

I need one of those camo beenies!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

I bought 5 T-shirts last year & I've not worn any of them once.
Smallest XL's I've ever bought from anywhere, both in the UK & US  :(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SiOuxTribe

I have the House Z tshirt.  i think i got large or medium. small has hell. if you order there , at least for male sizes get something a size or 2 larger than you prefer.  it shrinks too.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

vielfras

QuoteI bought 5 T-shirts last year & I've not worn any of them once.
Smallest XL's I've ever bought from anywhere, both in the UK & US  :(

Shoot I was thinking of ordering some shirts.   But might hold back now.  I am 6'5 and 210 lbs, think they will fit?
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

SiOuxTribe

XXL if its available might work for you.  If not make your own!
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

skeletonbootors

Yeah, I remember when I bought the skeleton dancing one from the It Still Moves tour time and it was ridiculously small for a medium so it has been going for awhile.  I wore it two times then basically it was unwearable, get one big.

colleen

I think they should add a line of slippers and underwear preferably featuring the Okonokos monkey.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

mjkoehler

QuoteI think they should add a line of slippers and underwear preferably featuring the Okonokos monkey.

uhhh wow. That would be waaay cool.

I'd be cool with a shirt with a pic of JJ with that ginormous hat from NME. The one low/angle shot that we've all seen.