MoF: Louisville. Palace. Halloween. Discuss.

Started by aMillionDreams, Jul 31, 2009, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eleaf14

Anyone planning on hitting the Avett Brothers Friday? This trip has me super psyched! For those who will be around...the Avett Brothers put on an amazing show...def worth checking out!

Penny Lane

QuoteAnyone planning on hitting the Avett Brothers Friday? This trip has me super psyched! For those who will be around...the Avett Brothers put on an amazing show...def worth checking out!

the night before? that's cool. wonder if they stick around whether they'd make a guest appearance...?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

eleaf14

Yeah...they will be playing the night before Monsters. They are playing Halloween @ the Ryman...so probably no guests appearances Sat night. But...this will be my 5th Avett's show of the year...and I cant wait for the double header. Anyhow...the Avett's are hitting their stride much like MMJ last summer. Its a great thing to watch a band "arrive".

BH

With the Avett Bros., is it pronounced like the A in Apple or the A in Able?  I loved them at Forecastle but I still haven't given my copy of Emotionalism an honest effort.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

I think they pronounce it with a long A sound (as in able).  They're such a great live act!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Soulshine

QuoteAnyone planning on hitting the Avett Brothers Friday? This trip has me super psyched! For those who will be around...the Avett Brothers put on an amazing show...def worth checking out!

I'm so excited about the trip I've been kicking around the idea of coming down on Friday for the show.
Also, I've always heard it pronounced AY-vett bros A as in able.

Because we're all in this together...

kydiddle

QuoteYou know, just yesterday I had a conversation with my 5 and 7 year olds that they really need to stop talking out loud about their candy, because my 2 year old can't have most of it and he gets mad about it.  I'm just sayin'.

;D ;D ;D
Cow temperature.

Love Dogg

Hey, just to nip this in the bud pretty early, if there is any talk about dressing up for the MOF Halloween show, I'm not planning on doing it.  I'm hoping to get together with some awesome Jacket peeps before and/or after the show, but I think fighting a cumbersome costume would suck that night.  :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Soulshine

QuoteHey, just to nip this in the bud pretty early, if there is any talk about dressing up for the MOF Halloween show, I'm not planning on doing it.  I'm hoping to get together with some awesome Jacket peeps before and/or after the show, but I think fighting a cumbersome costume would suck that night.  :-/

I hear ya. I'm on the fence.

Prom King

QuoteHey, just to nip this in the bud pretty early, if there is any talk about dressing up for the MOF Halloween show, I'm not planning on doing it.  I'm hoping to get together with some awesome Jacket peeps before and/or after the show, but I think fighting a cumbersome costume would suck that night.  :-/

Costumes are a requirement, I say.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

Penny Lane

so nothing sl*tty?

sweetheartlover

Love Dogg

so nothing sl*tty?

No, no...slutty is fine.  Wait a minute...you or me?  :-?

Okay.......all girls dress slutty, all guys dress like Burt Reynolds.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Soulshine

Penny Lane

benweasel

Typically the band gives out Coupon Codes for The Brown, not this time?  Cheapest room = $169.  

Add in ticket prices and this is starting to look more like a mortgage payment than a concert!

goose

I'm with Love Dog.  No costumes, unless you consider dressing like a hippie, bum, etc., etc. which is normal to most of us.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm with Love Dog.  No costumes, unless you consider dressing like a hippie, bum, etc., etc. which is normal to most of us.

you mean to tell me you'll dress up for NYE but not for Halloween?

AlwxanderD10

f
QuoteI'm with Love Dog.  No costumes, unless you consider dressing like a hippie, bum, etc., etc. which is normal to most of us.

you mean to tell me you'll dress up for NYE but not for Halloween?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ[/media]

xmascriminal

I was all disappointed because my last class get out too late on Friday for me to go to the Chicago show. But then I realized that Louisville is almost exactly the same distance away. So, I'll see you there. Can't wait.