Bass Guitar highlights My Morning Jacket

Started by Maven, Apr 11, 2007, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maven

What bass players hold the torch to be the badasses of emo?

Guitar World's Bass Guitar narrows it down to a "Lucky 13" who are making an impression on the emo scene. Did your band make the list? Dive into the depths of emo in this list of "Lucky 13" highlighting My Chemical Romance's Mikey Way, Panic! At The Disco's Jon Walker and the rest of the bass blessed.

My Morning Jacket
The beautiful arrangements on albums like Okonokos (ATO/RCA, 2006) give "Two Tone" Tommy plenty of room to groove within MMJ's always-pleasing song structures.

My Chemical Romance
P-Bass in hand, Mikey Way mixes Brit-pop influences and a pop-punk feel to add backbone to all four My Chem albums, including their latest blockbuster, The Black Parade (Reprise, 2006)

Panic At! The Disco
Jon Walker took the bass reins for this Las Vegas emo-vaudeville powerhouse after the departure last year of Brent Wilson; he'll debut on the next Panic! album, due this summer.

http://www.guitarworld.com/bass_guitar

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWhat bass players hold the torch to be the badasses of emo?

Guitar World's Bass Guitar narrows it down to a "Lucky 13" who are making an impression on the emo scene. Did your band make the list? Dive into the depths of emo in this list of "Lucky 13" highlighting My Chemical Romance's Mikey Way, Panic! At The Disco's Jon Walker and the rest of the bass blessed.

My Morning Jacket
The beautiful arrangements on albums like Okonokos (ATO/RCA, 2006) give "Two Tone" Tommy plenty of room to groove within MMJ's always-pleasing song structures.

My Chemical Romance
P-Bass in hand, Mikey Way mixes Brit-pop influences and a pop-punk feel to add backbone to all four My Chem albums, including their latest blockbuster, The Black Parade (Reprise, 2006)

Panic At! The Disco
Jon Walker took the bass reins for this Las Vegas emo-vaudeville powerhouse after the departure last year of Brent Wilson; he'll debut on the next Panic! album, due this summer.

http://www.guitarworld.com/bass_guitar
Emo? Is there any other band out there that gets mislabeled more than MMJ?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

The DARK

Next thing you know they'll be calling Bjork techno.  ::)

Still, glad to see Two Tone getting some credit.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

QuoteNext thing you know they'll be calling Bjork techno.  ::)

Still, glad to see Two Tone getting some credit.

Yeah, but along with those other bands?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

jeremywku

So... am I emo now?  when did this happen?  i am now worried for my soul.

BH

QuoteSo... am I emo now?  when did this happen?  i am now worried for my soul.

Go directly to your closet and through out anything that has color in it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteSo... am I emo now?  when did this happen?  i am now worried for my soul.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/xmacncheesex/quizzes/ARe%20YoU%20too%20EMO?/

I dare you to take the quiz and tell us how emo you REALLY are.... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

megisnotreal

Quotebadasses of emo

anyone else catch the oxymoron?

The DARK

Quotebadasses of emo

anyone else catch the oxymoron?
;D
In another time, in another place, in another face

ms. yvon

ha!

reminiscent of the okonokos liner notes, eh?   "space-rock outfit..."
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

megisnotreal

i traded cars with my sister for the weekend. her car's sound system is superior to mine. i was rocking out (as per usual) with the bass cranked way up, and i thought, "goddamn, two tone is an amazing bass player."

seriously. i don't think this guy gets the credit he deserves.

bad.

ass.

ItsAllSticky

Emo? Is there any other band out there that gets mislabeled more than MMJ?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find another band as mislabeled. I swear I hear them called emo more than alt-country.  It's definitely the name, cause it's certainly not the music. I kind of like it though. It's like a filter for people who just write it off and head over to catch the crunchy Bisco set (no offense, of course).