MoF Tour Setlists, Reviews, Pics, and Tour Posters

Started by Tieoptional, Oct 14, 2009, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

I really wanted to get the Halloween one, but I dont know if I want that hanging in my apartment. It is kind of SCURRRRY! I would get up in the middle of the night and be looking around like this  :(
Because we're all in this together...

Cameron

Austin artist is Billy Perkins.  I really like it but wish it was a conventional size.  Cheaper to frame that way.

Loved the show.  I'm not a Conor fan so I didn't like him singing verses on I Will Be There When You Die and Smokin'.  Other than that than that it was amazing.

Soulshine

How do posters/artists get chosen for shows?

BH

Brad (Angry Ewok) should have some good insight into this as he was lucky enough to do a few posters for some southern dates on the Evil Urges tour.   Unfortunately he hasn't been around here much lately as he is too busy working on his plan to splice the genes of Bear Bryant and Nick Saban into an all powerful Crimson Tide ruler of the football universe.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Soulshine

Brad (Angry Ewok) should have some good insight into this as he was lucky enough to do a few posters for some southern dates on the Evil Urges tour.   Unfortunately he hasn't been around here much lately as he is too busy working on his plan to splice the genes of Bear Bryant and Nick Saban into an all powerful Crimson Tide ruler of the football universe.

;D

Ok, thanks BH!  :)

BH

;D

I'm curious too.  I never did ask him how he scored that gig.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

I'm not sure if this is how it works all the time, but I know with some poster artists, the musicians are fans of their art and commission the poster.  Patrick Carney of the Black Keys is a big fan of Dan Grzeca's work, so Dan does their posters whenever they're in Chicago (and he did the Dan Auerbach posters this summer, too).
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Soulshine

QuoteI'm not sure if this is how it works all the time, but I know with some poster artists, the musicians are fans of their art and commission the poster.  Patrick Carney of the Black Keys is a big fan of Dan Grzeca's work, so Dan does their posters whenever they're in Chicago (and he did the Dan Auerbach posters this summer, too).

Thanks chicky...I'm no aritst by any means unless they like simplicity. I can draw a mean stick figure.

AMightyCaporal

;D

I asked management about it but they never responded- I would love to design a poster or some new merch. for the band.  Maybe I'll just design the stuff and if they like it they'll use it and if not I'll just lock it away deep in my soul  :'(  ;D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

kydiddle

;D

I asked management about it but they never responded- I would love to design a poster or some new merch. for the band.  Maybe I'll just design the stuff and if they like it they'll use it and if not I'll just lock it away deep in my soul  :'(  ;D

Well, definitely put it on here so we can see! :)
Cow temperature.

AMightyCaporal

;D

Well, definitely put it on here so we can see! :)

deal- but then its going right into my soul
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

jones

CC