Spirit in the Dark w/Yim

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Mar 29, 2010, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

http://new.lincolncenter.org/live/index.php/lcf-2010-blind-boys-of-alabama

Spirit in the Dark

Monday, July 12 at 8:00
Featuring Yo La Tengo, Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket, Lambchop, and Marshall Allen and the Sun Ra Horns

Starting the series off with a bang, The Blind Boys invite a variety of artists from rock's most cutting edges to bring their lyrical expressions of spirituality to the stage for an unprecedented musical dialogue. This unscripted musical adventure is an evening not to be missed.

ALady

How cool!

You gonna go, NoVa?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

midwesterner

This looks awesome. If I wasn't going to Pitch Fork Festivla the weekend before I would fly up from Austin for this.

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteHow cool!

You gonna go, NoVa?

I wish I could commit to going to that show.  I should probably grab tix just in case.  The Blind Boys are incredible!  I can only imagine how much fun these shows will be with so many additional voices.   :)  

I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be more NoLa and less NoVa soon. So, my summer plans are on hold for now. ;)

manicfanatic

Man, to see Jim on the same stage as the Blind Boys would be something.  I may have to look into this!!
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

ms. yvon

holy toledo what a crazy cool group of musicians.  yo la tengo!  exene!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

goldenlady

hey is anyone going to this???

Penny Lane

bluesky is going. i may be going  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill