Any posters for sale?

Started by Nexty76, May 06, 2010, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexty76

Anybody looking to unload MMJ show posters? Figured it was worth asking on this forum.  :)

Nectar502001

I have a matching # set from the Dec. Chicago Theater shows I may be willing to part with.

I also have the Jim James (signed) Chicago Obama Benefit poster for a show that never happened (Schuba's) due to that freak accident in Iowa City.

I feel like I may have a couple weird Burwell NYC (RCMH and/or MSGs) test prints that are pretty unique.

I don't want to part with any of them, but my old car needs new fuel line$ and brake line$.  

Shoot me a message if any of these posters interest you.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Nectar502001

QuoteThis looks cool, pricey though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUY-BURWELL-MY-MORNING-JACKET-PRINT-S-N-225-/120565970827?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Art_Prints&hash=item1c124ab78b
Picture seems misleading being that the description says "You are bidding on the 'Ted Leo and the Pharmacists' silkscreened print by Leia Bell. "  I'd check with the seller before bidding just to be sure.

That being said, I love Burwell's work.  

johnnYYac

AMightyCaporal

QuoteHas this one been posted yet?  A Burwell from NYE 2008, 3 available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-MORNING-JACKET-NEW-YORK-BURWELL-POSTER-S-N-2008-/120555140701?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c11a5765d

UGH! I wish I could afford that!  Soon hopefully!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

mahg33ta

I too would be willing to buy any posters from anyone looking to raise cash or unload extras.

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

Hey all.  A pile of posters, mostly from 2008, have appeared on eBay:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=my+morning+jacket+poster&_frs=1&_sop=10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

They're priced about 25% less than the MMJ store, after you factor in shipping.  FYI

(figures... I just ordered my Boston '08 poster from the MMJ store two days ago >:()

mahg33ta

Most of those posters are listed as quantity 5 or 10.   Amazing to me that such a pile of posters could appear.   But, good prices, thanks for the heads up.  

Nexty76

The show I want they have listed as 2006, I assume that is a mistake. Is there a market for fakes? I also have never seen this poster before, I only know the Burwell versions.

CTdeadhead

I have an extra Philly 2006 from the Electric Factory Id be willing to part with, the glow in the dark one

midwesterner

mahg33ta

mahg33ta

QuoteI have an extra Philly 2006 from the Electric Factory Id be willing to part with, the glow in the dark one

That's a great poster, too bad I just bought it.   Probably overpaid too.   Anyone else interested, don't be afraid to pull the trigger.

mahg33ta

QuoteThe show I want they have listed as 2006, I assume that is a mistake. Is there a market for fakes? I also have never seen this poster before, I only know the Burwell versions.

That is an 08 NYE poster, and it's definitely legit.  You can see it if you go to the "Store" section on this MMJ site on the cover of Event Posters (although none left for sale).  

it's listed as 06 on that ebay ad but if you want that one I'd take a gamble on it.   For a 415 # run poster, it sure doesn't seem available much.   There's one for sale on EB for $100.   For it to show up in the list with all these other 08 tour posters (most of which are plentiful many places) seems like a score.   Grab one... I did.

The other poster I would recommend on simple collectibility / rarity is the Louisville poster.   Sold out most everywhere, incl MMJ store and artist website.

I have spent a LOT of time researching MMJ posters this month.   Happy to answer any other questions.

ALady

The other poster I would recommend on simple collectibility / rarity is the Louisville poster.   Sold out most everywhere, incl MMJ store and artist website.

Louisville '08?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires