Patrick with Dan Auerbach

Started by jbrandt8, Jul 03, 2010, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsy

I searched to forum for this but couldn't find any info so forgive me if it already exists and is quite a bit late.

I was just searchin for some stuff online and found videos of patrick subbing in for the drummer for the black keys at the 2009 SXSW.  

Was anyone there?  How was it?  Anyone know if there could be more potential for MMJ to mash up/ play with black keys again?  that would be about as good as it gets for me...next to 5 nights in october that is

Ruckus

QuoteI searched to forum for this but couldn't find any info so forgive me if it already exists and is quite a bit late.

I was just searchin for some stuff online and found videos of patrick subbing in for the drummer for the black keys at the 2009 SXSW.  

Was anyone there?  How was it?  Anyone know if there could be more potential for MMJ to mash up/ play with black keys again?  that would be about as good as it gets for me...next to 5 nights in october that is

There are others that can much better answer this but Pat toured with Dan as a member of Dan Auerbach and the Fast Five in support of Dan's solo album Keep It Hid.  I wanna say he played in a large majority of the shows.  You can find more info in a number of Dan Auerbach threads in the Other Music section.

Oh yeah.  Though I didn't see SXSW, the show I saw was awesome.  I enjoyed the Fast Five better than any of the Keys shows I'd seen.  That said, it should be different now that they are touring with additional band members now.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Patrick wasn't subbing in, he was part of Dan's backing band for that whole tour as a member of the "Fast Five" along with the members of Hacienda.  Ruckus is on it!  ;D   I don't believe either Patrick Hallahan or Carney played on the record.

I saw 3 or 4 of the SXSW shows, including an awesome 3am one at some dude's house  ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

.Walt

Patrick was there in Minneapolis. That was a nice surprise, because I remember people talking about Patrick being one of his drummers, but I thought they were talking about Patrick J. Carney.  And I remember being very jealous of Alady's 3AM show.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

DavidCrosby

I saw Dan Auerbach play in Brooklyn and Patrick was there too.  It was surreal seeing him in a club with a 500 capacity and then seeing him again in MSG.  He was great though.
listen to vinyl