Is it just me or...

Started by Paauwe, Aug 04, 2007, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

has activity on this website on this website in the past year dropped dramatically.
im sure the mmj love hasnt dropped, but on this forum i think it has.

it was the begining of the summer last year when i was just getting into the mmj forum community.  and it must have been thriving or something.  

new threads were popping up everywhere..

a year later...    it just kinda seems dead.

i'll check in every few weeks or so... and its just the same threads. only a few new things.

whats going on guys?     spirits are low.     somethings gotta be done.
im sure that once more info on the new album is released activity will start to liven up.  but still.

cheers.

ratsprayer

being on the forum for a little more than 2 years now, i can say that there was a time period when the board was smoking hot in terms of new threads and new members joining, etc etc.  however, the posts on this forum are made by humans (as far as i know), and with a good majority of us being adults, that means we have responsibilities and other things in life that we have to take care of.  i could easily give you a detailed list of my life in the past year just to give you an idea of what hinderances and issues might get in the way of posting on an mmj forum.  not trying to sound cold, just saying i don't think there's an issue here with a lack of love for mmj.  fact is anywhere on the internets (unless it's the saddle creek forum or something to do with fall out boy) when a band is somewhat quiet in their activity, so follows the activity of an associated forum or message board.  all that said, i don't think it has to be the same 5 or 6 people posting all the time to spur activity.  i think this is a pretty open, warm, and welcome place to post and discuss all sorts of things.  i don't see people getting ridiculed or belittled because they might ask a question that was discussed 3 months or 1 year ago.  speak up, peeps!  start new threads, add fuel to the fire!  post one, post all!

evilPaauwe

shit.

wow. lets analyze that little bit more aye. geeze
cheers.

ratsprayer

why ask questions if you don't want answers?

ManNamedTruth

we've had good thread organization too lately with current joys, complaints, etc.... so there's no need to start a new topic.
once a new album is out or whenever they're touring there's always gonna be more people on the forum
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

rats is right. the activity on this board directly relates to what the band is doing.  I think the hoppingest(just made up that word, thank you) I've ever seen the boards was either when they were on conan or when z was released. that's why band's do things like go on tv and release albums. With mmj taking a break, our little online community kinda has too.

I agree with Rats though, nobody's get ridiculed for starting threads with newbie questions or something we've already talked about, so all ya all who are "lurking", come out of the woodwork, introduce yourself, ask a few dumb or not so dumb questions.

BH

Summer time, Summer time, Sum - Sum - Summertime...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Coltrane

...let's just sit back and unwind....

parents just don't understand!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

getinthevan

Alright, I'll come out of the woodwork and quit lurking... I suppose.  

So yeah...  I'm going to Lolla tomorrow and it'd be sweet to park for cheap someplace within a reasonable walking distance from the park.  I'm guessing such places don't exist, but roughly how much should I plan to spend on parking for the day?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

aMD

welcome aboard, getinthename.   :)

ali

hey getinthevan... welcome!

paauwe, posts on the forum do fluctuate - as rats says, we all have other stuff to do... which i technically should be doing right now, but what makes us all keep coming back to the forum is (of course) a mutual love of mmj, a mutual love of music in general, and good people!

its always busier here when the guys have just released something, or have just announced a tour etc. but there's always someone on here with something interesting to say... about wombats for instance.

so if you feel its getting quiet, why not post something else to get us all thinking and talking? (even by posting this, you did!)

Quoteshit. wow. lets analyze that little bit more aye. geeze
and there's no need to get narky if someone replies either dude

:)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ItsAllSticky

not to get off topic, but I just picked up a new adjective. I'm gonna have to force "narky" into a conversation very soon

ali

narky is a great verb, one of my favs.  :)

ItsAllSticky

haha I didn't believe it was English until I looked it up for myself.  

ali

uh, what did you think it was sticky?????

The DARK

Quoteuh, what did you think it was sticky?????

Pig Latin?  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

ItsAllSticky

Hard to say. Farsi was my first guess, but I quickly ruled it out. Then I started to get it confused with other more common words...

Sharky

Larky

Arky

But then I figured it out...

NARKY:VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

;D

mjkoehler

Is narky some kinda Aussie/Brit slang like shaking hands with the unemployed?  ;D

ItsAllSticky

As per urbandictionary.com:

1.        narky

adjective-- British term -- easily annoyed; overly sensitive; quick to fly off the handle--nark

"Stop being so narky and just enjoy the show!"

The noun "nark" would be even more confusing since we use the term "narc" in the U.S. to refer to narcotics agents. I mean, some people do. I don't know anything about that stuff. No sir  ::)

mjkoehler

HA! I was partially right. I know nothin about you knowin nothin about anyone being narcy ::)