PHILLY Roll Call!!

Started by manicfanatic, May 21, 2010, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

QuoteI guess at some point we have to come up with a meeting place before the show.  I think the Khyber was mentioned as a possible place.

there is a pre-party brewing at The Abbaye (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-abbaye-philadelphia). Khyber is closed for renovation

How far from the venue @ Penns Landing is The Abbaye, and is it walkable?

Thanks
"Where's Jim going?"

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteSo here's what I got - let me know if I am missing anyone:

ManicFanatic +1
Fiddle +1
Jrod00
tdb810
8bobbyb
kydiddle
Kenny76
bluesky
pennylane (hope)
Ghosts on TV + cousin
manonthemoon+1
ericm+3
deathstick
Peafunk31+10 rollin deep
AMC
Shep-spy
headhunter
Hubcap
Jersey Dan
diesel +3
Honest Man +1
Northern Neighbour +2

And it looks like the meeting place will be the Abbaye - yes?
637 N 3rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19123

We should do the abbaye, it's a cool bar. The foods good too.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Me and j_rud will be at the show plus 3 others. Pretty excited that Scott McMicken is the opener too.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

jrod00

QuoteI was at the venue last night. Small and if you want a seat would get there early. Very close to the band. If you have will call need to get them on the river next to the fairy.

So there are seats at this place?  Any more info on that?  Is it GA right up against the stage a la Festival Pier? Or is it seated right up front?  Or are the seats just further back?  I want to be right up front and I do not want to be seated.  

jmk

Me + 1 (Lou's Evil Urges)

Cannot wait. The 08 Festival Pier show was my all-time favorite show.

I'll be the one yelling "YEEEEEEEESSSSS" after the boys start Master Plan.  :D

kydiddle

Can any Philly folks give some info about the venue? Best place to park? All that jazz.

So excited for the Jackettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Cow temperature.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI was at the venue last night. Small and if you want a seat would get there early. Very close to the band. If you have will call need to get them on the river next to the fairy.

So there are seats at this place?  Any more info on that?  Is it GA right up against the stage a la Festival Pier? Or is it seated right up front?  Or are the seats just further back?  I want to be right up front and I do not want to be seated.  

No seats. Front rail should be a short distance from the actual stage, like festival pier.

Parking all along Columbus Blvd.

JerseyRich

I have a pair of tickets for this show that I can't use if anyone is interested...

Selling them for face. No extra ticket fees. I'll send them via USPS.

Pass the word along if you know anyone who would like 2 tix.

jrod00

No seats. Front rail should be a short distance from the actual stage, like festival pier.

Sweet.  I met you before the Festival Pier show, right?  Are you getting there early to get up front?  

YouAre_GivenToFly

Sweet.  I met you before the Festival Pier show, right?  Are you getting there early to get up front?  

I'll be there.

bluesky

should I bring the flag?

headhunter

hey bluesky, bring the flag! would love to hook up before the show.
the mrs. and I are driving down from long island early sunday afternoon--do you need a ride?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Quoteshould I bring the flag?

YES YES YES  fly the flag in Philly!
.....Back at the Model Home

bluesky

Maybe this time I need to put the flag on a pole. Headhunter, will be great to see you two again! I am driving over with Fiddle Castro, and coming back that night. Yikes. Thanks for the offer.... :)
Quotehey bluesky, bring the flag! would love to hook up before the show.
the mrs. and I are driving down from long island early sunday afternoon--do you need a ride?

Honest Man

Where is everyone headed? I would love to meet everybody. I'm dragging someone to their first jacket show so I have to make it memorable (As if that won't happen)
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

tdb810

QuoteWhere is everyone headed? I would love to meet everybody. I'm dragging someone to their first jacket show so I have to make it memorable (As if that won't happen)

Still trying to figure all the details out ...there was mention of meeting up at the Abbaye?  Not sure of exactly where it is, but I think a few folks on here are familiar with it... we will set something up for sure!
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhere is everyone headed? I would love to meet everybody. I'm dragging someone to their first jacket show so I have to make it memorable (As if that won't happen)

Still trying to figure all the details out ...there was mention of meeting up at the Abbaye?  Not sure of exactly where it is, but I think a few folks on here are familiar with it... we will set something up for sure!

it's on 3rd and fairmount.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Abbaye? Really? Thats a good 15-20 minute walk to the venue if I'm thinking of the right place.

JerseyDan

The Abbaye is a bit of a walk, but a GREAT bar and a perfect place for a pre-show hang. Food is great, they got a beer sponsor and DJs...sounds pretty rad to me. Add in that its gonna be in the low 80's and sunny and the walk to/from isn't a big deal or a $5 cab ride.

;D

okblueduck

I'll be there +3.

Can't wait -  haven't seen them since '06 - much too long!