New (Old) JIm James Solo Performance Video

Started by hazeyjane, Aug 05, 2007, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazeyjane

Hi Guys. Way back in 2001 I shot a video of Jim James performing a solo show in Bloomington, IN. I submitted it to the Community Access TV station there and they still play it from time to time. Well, a fellow Bloomington fan saw the video, emailed me about and I got to thinking that there are a lot of fans here who would like to see it. If you want more back story, see the thread in the "Music" section of this form called "Jim James in Bloomington last night (sort of). I'm so excited to share this with you all. I have hosted this video as "unlisted" on Google therefore you must use this URL to view; you cannot search Google. Let me know what you think and maybe I can get a copy of the actual video out to those who *really* want one.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4495487195311617369&hl=en

jasonkokenge

Thanks for the post.  Would love a copy when it becomes available!!! ;D

lisaskye

wheelhousetunes

Beautiful. If you have an original video dvd of this and/or have any way of upping to any torrent site so it's available for download, that would be the best.

Thanks!

infinitejest

wow.. great video.

I love Jim's performance of Dylan's I'll Be Your Baby Tonight.

Good stuff.

Thanks!
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer... too bad he never cries!

aMD

thanks so much for sharing.  I loved the video.  It seemed like Jim was performing for like 5 people.  pretty intimate.  The quality of the video and sound was much better than I was expecting.  Great to finally hear I'll Be Yr BB Tonite (as Jim spells it)!

Just one thing: I'm having a hard time finding the richie valens cover that is referred to in the credits.  maybe i just missed it.  if i did, could someone tell me exactly where in the video he plays that song?

He plays what sounds to me to be an early version of sooner before just because i do.  maybe that's it or maybe i just missed it.  

Thanks again!  and good work!

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

You're right.  It seems that the song is listed in the credits but does not appear in the film.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Correction.  I think you can here about 10 seconds of this song at the very beginning of the show.  He is singing a song during the opening credits.  Notice in particular when the title "Live at Space 101" fades to black.  You can here Jim scream, "Well," as in "well come on lets go."  Sorry, it doesn't look like the entire song is here.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

aMD

You're right!  It's a real small snippet, I didn't catch it at first.  I wonder if the filmmaker has a more complete version of that song for the covers comp?  If only we knew how to get in touch with her...

MyLifeISought

"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

JacketGal

Wow! It's hauntingly beautiful! Thank you!  8-)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

hazeyjane

Yes, the Richie Valens cover is so very short in the video but I needed to list it. I have the raw footage but have no clue where to look for it. Maybe one fine day it'll turn up. He probably played four or so songs that didn't make it on the video because the sound was too distorted.

AdamTMPCI