Round 2 - Letterman

Started by sweatboard, Oct 12, 2010, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

QuoteUnbelievable. They played a 5+ year old song...what a disgrace. I am done with this band.

I know I'm feeding the troll, but do you really not know how old that song is (say, to the nearest 4 years or so)?

TSarge

What an awesome show. Can't wait until next week.

I have some awesome video from the front row here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eV0PbSEdc

And also a short write up for my website here:

http://www.slipperybanana.com/profiles/blogs/a-prelude-to-my-morning-jacket

marino13

Loved the song choice and the performance.  I know it's not their fault, but with the shortened ending, it kind of left me with some musical blueballs.  

BH

What did Paul say at the end when Dave points at him and Tom gets a big smile on his face.  I keep rewinding but I can't hear it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ynwa

QuoteWhat did Paul say at the end when Dave points at him and Tom gets a big smile on his face.  I keep rewinding but I can't hear it.

sounds like "my old buddies" or something.  of course, i could be completely wrong.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhat did Paul say at the end when Dave points at him and Tom gets a big smile on his face.  I keep rewinding but I can't hear it.

I think he says "money".
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Bigsky

QuoteUnbelievable. They played a 5+ year old song...what a disgrace. I am done with this band.

I agree.. that sucked. I can't believe I even listen to these guys anymore. Hacksaw, maybe we should be friends and make-out with each other. I think your hot...do you shave?

By the way...does anyone have an extra pair of panties...hacksaw wants to be my pretty lady.

So are you really done or just complaining about what you don't like in your life?

Back to the subject...that song was the only one that gave me the chills last night (and maybe Mahgeetah)...wow JJ is loving NYC.

lasvegas

shut up dummy.

Quotewow JJ is loving NYC.

pretty sure thats why he moved here.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

danz

after the hour special i fell into a coma for the rest of the night.  so they played 'the way he sings' and what else during the actual program?  i can't find it on the cbs site, yet...

Bigsky

Quoteafter the hour special i fell into a coma for the rest of the night.  so they played 'the way he sings' and what else during the actual program?  i can't find it on the cbs site, yet...

There's a link to a youtube clip above...

Penny Lane

shut up dummy.

it's amazing how we can both live in the same city and not be married by now..i'm baffled.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

vespachick

shut up dummy.

it's amazing how we can both live in the same city and not be married by now..i'm baffled.
It's the Jersey thing.  HE lives in Manhattan.   ;) ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

danz

Quoteafter the hour special i fell into a coma for the rest of the night.  so they played 'the way he sings' and what else during the actual program?  i can't find it on the cbs site, yet...

There's a link to a youtube clip above...

Yup, I see the clip. But don't the musical acts play two songs during Letterman?

Bigsky

shut up dummy.

You probable already thought of this...but what if they made a JJ blow up doll...they could sell it on the website store...cap and all.  ;D

TGMC421

Right on cue.   Goodbye.

Seriously.  Move along.

capt. scotty

I think he says "money".

I thought it was "buy it" after a few listens last night, but your call makes more sense
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

overthetop

See ya (or not) hacksaw. Jeesshhhh. That was a wonderful perfomance. Something up your backside?

overthetop

Hacksaw why would you post on a forum when you are no longer a fan. Do you really have that much time on your hands? Actually all the attention (that I'm contributing to) is probably the reason isn't it. I think I'll go to Justin Beibers website and bash him and rain on a bunch of 13 year old girls cry. That would be fun.

Go find something else to do.

rmpotsy

just watched this on the dvr, wanted to wait till i got home and had better sound/HD.  the only thing i kept thinking was how bad ass is it to come on national tv and play a 10 yr old song.
out go the lights it begins

Ruckus

I think he says "money".

I thought it was "buy it" after a few listens last night, but your call makes more sense
It's the Maryland talking but he clearly yelled

Seriously
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head