Roll Call: The Tennessee Fire: Night 1: October 18

Started by thepennylaneNYC, Sep 14, 2010, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Like many others...my fav of the 5 as well. So... Effin..... Awesome!

FiddleCastro

Seeing The Walkmen at Terminal 5 tonight. Just seems like the right thing to do  :cool:  Not quite MMJ but it'll do ;)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

tdb810

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 18, 2012, 10:47 AM
Haldon, you said it -- the silence is what made night one the best concert I've ever seen. As the week went on, I feel like the shows were infiltrated by some rather boisterous "fans". But night one, I feel like it was all us. People who just wanted to hear the music. During "I Will Be There When You Die", there was a moment where there were no WOOs. No YAAAAHs. No clapping. No sneezing. No coughing or throat clearing. No drinks clinking. It was just beautiful, beautiful silence. I've never heard that at a concert before or since. It was magic.
It's true Haldon & O.....the silence was really remarkable that night, so many moments of just pure awe. 
.....Back at the Model Home

Haldon

Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
Haldon, you said it -- the silence is what made night one the best concert I've ever seen. As the week went on, I feel like the shows were infiltrated by some rather boisterous "fans". But night one, I feel like it was all us. People who just wanted to hear the music. During "I Will Be There When You Die", there was a moment where there were no WOOs. No YAAAAHs. No clapping. No sneezing. No coughing or throat clearing. No drinks clinking. It was just beautiful, beautiful silence. I've never heard that at a concert before or since. It was magic.
It's true Haldon & O.....the silence was really remarkable that night, so many moments of just pure awe. 

Not to beat a dead horse...but the jacket bracket attack just made me remember that they played I Just Wanted to Say that night too...and I also have a distinct memory that it was really quiet during that song, and it was really beautifully done....that is all

johnnYYac

I wasn't able to attend any of T5 but the final night (Evil Urges and Beyond).  However, I recently re-discovered a CD I'd made from all available audio from T5, including the official releases and audio rips from YouTube vids.  I will rip and upload that CD and post a download link here later.  The silence during certain tunes, particularly night one (TTF) is stunning.  As stated for another stellar recording, this is REQUIRED LISTENING!

download link coming...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

as i mentioned right after the show somewhere in this thread, this was the show for diehards.  the crowd had such a different energy about them and were all about the music.
there just wasn't the usual crews of obnoxious talkers etc.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

tdb810

Quote from: Haldon on Oct 23, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 18, 2012, 08:36 PM

Not to beat a dead horse...but the jacket bracket attack just made me remember that they played I Just Wanted to Say that night too...and I also have a distinct memory that it was really quiet during that song, and it was really beautifully done....that is all

stunning! grazie JY!

oistheone

Does anyone know if a full recording if this night ever surfaced? Still can't find anything. I know of the night one compilation on YouTube but that is still missing quite a few songs.

johnnYYac

This is everything I have from the week.  One file contains all the audio rips from video for TTF, another has the rips from AD, one has the 10 official T5 releases, and one file has jpegs of the poster art.  I know of no other T5 audio out there.

Live from T5

tdb810

jmk

Probably the best show I've ever seen. NO ONE knew what they were about to be suckerpunched with before It's About Twilight Now started. That single song rocked harder than any single song has ever rocked before or since.

Fully

Thanks Yac! This will be the closest thing to being there some of us will get until the fabled box set comes out.

headhunter

Thanks for the link John.  And a happy 2 year anniversary.   :thumbsup:

was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the link John.  And a happy 2 year anniversary.   :thumbsup:
And to you!  :beer: