Roll Call: The Tennessee Fire: Night 1: October 18

Started by thepennylaneNYC, Sep 14, 2010, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

QuoteAdd me to the guest list!  Maybe a "Take My Breath Away" during the encore?

that'd be a good one....i'd love to hear Tyrone...
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

lovemytree

1. Penny
2. Vespa
3. Soulshine
4. Ruckus
5. Crispy
6. Bluesky
7. Kydiddle
8. ALady
9. Capt Headdy
10. Fiddlecastro
11. Br00ke
12. tbd
13. Bob
14. Haldon
15. ynwa
16. Bigsky
17. el chode
18. Ms. Yvon
19. Given to Fly
20. Ghosts
21. peafunk31
22. ericm
23 .headhunter
24. joey rogo
25. Dodobird
26. Honest Man
27. Danz
28 Cortez the thriller
29. DaFunkyPrecedent
30. I'm the dude
31.. ctdeadhead
32. ralph
33. Searchinbig  
34. lovemytree  

darkglow

Penny Lane

Quotemore to the point:  who's bringing snacks?

Expand.
[smiley=grin.gif]  speaking of snacks straight up:  cookies.  unleaded, so to speak.  [smiley=wink.gif]

Soulshine and I will bring snacks, unleaded of course...
Are there any requests?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

I've got a below face value ticket for this show if anyone is interested.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghostess on TV

Add me + mom for sure.  Got our tix!  Yay!

walterfredo

I've got a favor to ask from fellow forumers who will be at TTF night.  my flight doesn't get into JFK until 5:30 pm on Monday, then I have to make my way into the city, stash my luggage at a friends, suck back 4 beers and bolt to T5.  I don't imagine I will be there until at least 7:30-8ish.  If anyone might be able to grab me a poster, I'd gladly buy you a beer and give you cash for the poster when I get there.  If the posters are crap, or there is a shitload of them, no worries, I can decide when I get there.  But..if it's a beautiful masterpiece, and might sell out, I'd really appreciate some help.  Gracias!

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

QuoteI could help you out with that.

thank you kindly.  

ralph

Sitting at work trying to finish a report before I leave listening to TTF and realizing that in less than a week we'll all be watching this unfold before our eyes and ears! How the fuck am I meant to concentrate on the report knowing this?

If I don't get it done the powers that be won't be happy cause they're down on their luck and have lost touch with their bleeding hearts...!  ;D
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

tdb810

QuoteSitting at work trying to finish a report before I leave listening to TTF and realizing that in less than a week we'll all be watching this unfold before our eyes and ears! How the fuck am I meant to concentrate on the report knowing this?

If I don't get it done the powers that be won't be happy cause they're down on their luck and have lost touch with their bleeding hearts...!  ;D[/quote

Totally unable to focus today.... :D :D :D
.....Back at the Model Home

Im The Dude

QuoteSitting at work trying to finish a report before I leave listening to TTF and realizing that in less than a week we'll all be watching this unfold before our eyes and ears! How the fuck am I meant to concentrate on the report knowing this?

If I don't get it done the powers that be won't be happy cause they're down on their luck and have lost touch with their bleeding hearts...!  ;D[/quote

Totally unable to focus today.... :D :D :D

I agree. my wife and i are super excited for this trip. Gotta be there early for this show!!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

MrWhippy

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but a longtime Jacket fan since seeing my first show in 2004.  I've seen them many times since then, including Merriweather Post in May and Philly in August of this year.

I'll be coming up to T5 by myself for the first two shows.  I can't be out of town long enough to catch all 5, and the first two are the most interesting to me due to the rarity factor (songs no longer in the repertoire) and the potential for interesting reinterpretations of the songs.  Also, I THINK I AM GOING TO HELL and fucking STRANGULATION.

I'm currently going to the TTF show by myself, and then taking my 18 year old niece to At Dawn (also took her to New Years at the Garden a couple years ago).

It would be fun to get to meet some of you and hang out at the show.  Is there a group of you that is going to get there early and either get right up front or get a railing spot on one of the balconies?

Anyway, it would be fun to get to meet some of you.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

headhunter

Would be a pleasure to meet and hang with you Mr. Whippy.

I was also at both Merriweather Post and Philly with my wife but am going to TF show solo.  Planning on meeting up with many others from this forum at McGee's Pub (see another posting) by around 4:30 - 5:00 and then heading to T5 early enough to secure a good spot at the front of the stage.

The people on this forum not only have great taste in music but are also an exceptionally fun bunch of folks.  Many of us will be at all 5 and I look forward to meeting you before the show!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

MrWhippy

Thanks for your reply!  Sounds like a great plan.

I know that folks here have great taste in music, I've been lurking for a while!

thegrimace

ARG! Here's my predicament. I bought these tickets 4 months ago (morning the went on sale) and was completely elated to have the opportunity to see one of my favorite albums performed live in NYC.

The problem is I live in Virginia and to make it to the show would require some serious driving/busing on a VERY tight schedule. I would have to leave DC by bus at 7 am on Monday and leave NYC Tuesday night at 8 pm arriving in DC at midnight before hopping back in my car and driving 2.5 hours back to my Virginia home in time for work on Wednesday morning.

Please give me a pep talk or some sort of motivation to try and make this work. Or if anyone wants to buy two tickets also let me know. Sniff.

Penny Lane

QuoteARG! Here's my predicament. I bought these tickets 4 months ago (morning the went on sale) and was completely elated to have the opportunity to see one of my favorite albums performed live in NYC.

The problem is I live in Virginia and to make it to the show would require some serious driving/busing on a VERY tight schedule. I would have to leave DC by bus at 7 am on Monday and leave NYC Tuesday night at 8 pm arriving in DC at midnight before hopping back in my car and driving 2.5 hours back to my Virginia home in time for work on Wednesday morning.

Please give me a pep talk or some sort of motivation to try and make this work. Or if anyone wants to buy two tickets also let me know. Sniff.

i assume you can't fly or take the train? might be faster giving you more time. it's doable!! just lots of caffeine once you hit DC tues night.

sweatboard

Me and the wife are getting into the city on Monday, we'd love to join the party!  

xoxoxoxonoxos

-Brian
There's Still Time.........

Penny Lane

QuoteI've got a favor to ask from fellow forumers who will be at TTF night.  my flight doesn't get into JFK until 5:30 pm on Monday, then I have to make my way into the city, stash my luggage at a friends, suck back 4 beers and bolt to T5.  I don't imagine I will be there until at least 7:30-8ish.  If anyone might be able to grab me a poster, I'd gladly buy you a beer and give you cash for the poster when I get there.  If the posters are crap, or there is a shitload of them, no worries, I can decide when I get there.  But..if it's a beautiful masterpiece, and might sell out, I'd really appreciate some help.  Gracias!

if you get stuck, i would bring your luggage to the show and put it in coat check.

MrWhippy

QuoteARG! Here's my predicament. I bought these tickets 4 months ago (morning the went on sale) and was completely elated to have the opportunity to see one of my favorite albums performed live in NYC.

I'm coming from DC as well, taking the DC2NY bus.  I don't really understand your situation.  Why do you have to leave from DC so early on Monday, it's only 4.5 hours?  Also, why are you sticking around all day in NYC on Tuesday if you are not seeing the show that night.

In terms of needing a pep talk, these chances to see full albums performed are rare and sometimes require sacrifice if it really means alot to you.  

Last year, when Springsteen announced he was performing The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle at Madison Square Garden, I drove up from DC for it.  After the show I had to drive all night back to DC to catch a 7 AM flight the next morning to Seattle for a business trip.  It was brutal but that was a once in a lifetime thing to get to see.  Seeing TTF may be the same kind of thing.