What is the band doing this summer?

Started by mahgeetah, May 21, 2007, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteHoly Crap that sounds really good. That will wake you up in the morning.

Or they could be indulging in the St Louis Tradition, the Slinger. 2 Eggs, Hash Browns (greasy of course), a hamburger patty or 2, and smother dat sumbitch in some chili, cheese and raw onions. jesus I'm lightheaded from the rush of cholesteral thinking about eating this. Man does it go down good about 2 or 3 AM.

Wow. Thats quite a fucking breakfast.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteseeing we're on the subject of food, did anyone celebrate National Corn Dog Day on March 17th of this year? If not, put it on your calendars next year.......your arteries will thank you later.

I heart corndogs, corn holing, and corn festivals.  Corn is good.  Corn Corn Corn.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

mjkoehler

QuoteHoly Crap that sounds really good. That will wake you up in the morning.

Or they could be indulging in the St Louis Tradition, the Slinger. 2 Eggs, Hash Browns (greasy of course), a hamburger patty or 2, and smother dat sumbitch in some chili, cheese and raw onions. jesus I'm lightheaded from the rush of cholesteral thinking about eating this. Man does it go down good about 2 or 3 AM.

Wow. Thats quite a fucking breakfast.

Or a hangover cure!!!!!!!

Bam_Bam

On topic....Jim James told me today at Dicks Sporting Goods that they were heading out to Colorado to record a new album in a few weeks..... :o
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

The DARK

QuoteOn topic....Jim James told me today at Dicks Sporting Goods that they were heading out to Colorado to record a new album in a few weeks..... :o

Good news! So they may have some new songs ready for Red Rocks!
In another time, in another place, in another face

red

QuoteOn topic....Jim James told me today at Dicks Sporting Goods that they were heading out to Colorado to record a new album in a few weeks..... :o
Dude, you're store is a hotbed for MMJ.  Was Jim cornholing?

Bam_Bam

boxing.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

aMD

yeah, it sounds like the boys are really into cornholing and dicks sporting goods store!

(sorry. that was too easy)

sweatboard

yeah, it sounds like the boys are really into cornholing and dicks sporting goods store!

(sorry. that was too easy)

Classic!!!!
There's Still Time.........

red

HAHAHA.  

What a gem there AMD!   ;D

the_wizzard

My man at Badman Records was in my store last week and confirmed to a co-worker that MMJ is currently in Colorado working on a new album..... :)

cmccubbin@work

QuoteMy man at Badman Records was in my store last week and confirmed to a co-worker that MMJ is currently in Colorado working on a new album..... :)

which would make sense with them opening for Dylan (randomly in Colorado i thought, but obviously not).  we need more info on this!  
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

aMD

QuoteMy man at Badman Records was in my store last week and confirmed to a co-worker that MMJ is currently in Colorado working on a new album..... :)

which would make sense with them opening for Dylan (randomly in Colorado i thought, but obviously not).  we need more info on this!  

i can confirm but not provide a whole lot more info.

BH

Does that mean they are recording a new album?   So all of the music is written :) and they are just holed up laying down the tracks? :D

What do you think is the typical amount of time between recording and album release based on past experience?  3 months?  6 months?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Actually, there isn't any music "written" for this latest album. Gonna be totally ad libbed.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

bug

QuoteActually, there isn't any music "written" for this latest album. Gonna be totally ad libbed.

oooh, improv!    ;D
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

Angry Ewok

As much as I love Jim's song writing, and the band's ability to orchestrate, I would be bummed. Luckily, I'm full of shit in this instance.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

Excuse me while I go change my shorts from excitment.....

Release maybe later this year?

.Walt

lets hope...lets just hope...i need it...we need it!!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.  The boys have always taken their time releasing their albums.  They're not done recording yet, and when they are it will take at LEAST 6 months to hit the streets (if history has taught us anything). personally, i'm hoping we have it before the end of 08, but that's what waiting around on jacket releases will do to you.