Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

Hahahaha! Is that the T5 neon bathroom light? If so, that's friggin hilarious! For some strange reason I was thinking about it this morning

Yeah, I can't even pee now without getting my old black light out and turning the lights off in the bathroom.
I need a guy waiting with a towel and large bowls of candy, ready to squirt me with D&G, saying, "My man...take all you want...my man..."

;DHell ya!!! Edward was my homie!

johnnYYac

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

We need to round up the crew again and sometime in the near future.

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

Missin' the bejeebies 'atta everyone!
I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

[highlight]one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside[/highlight].

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

i miss all you good people very, very much  :(

T5 reunion  :-?  
I snapped a pic of that moment  ;)

[highlight][/highlight][highlight][/highlight]
0:42- "johnnYYac!"

you can also see my hands (1:07-1:17 and 1:33-1:37-at an angle towards Jim)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4MutW3Q2Ms[/media]

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

dragonboy

Quote....Dragonboy & Sparkle, 2 of the coolest people we've ever met!
Right back atch'a Todd (& Christi)  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

Hahahaha! Is that the T5 neon bathroom light? If so, that's friggin hilarious! For some strange reason I was thinking about it this morning

Yeah, I can't even pee now without getting my old black light out and turning the lights off in the bathroom.
I need a guy waiting with a towel and large bowls of candy, ready to squirt me with D&G, saying, "My man...take all you want...my man..."

"My man..." Haha. "We got what you need, we got it all...my man..."
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ruckus

"My man..." Haha. "We got what you need, we got it all...my man..."
Ha!  My ass was reekin' of some toxic concoction Drakaar Noir and some Calvin Klein shit. ;D. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

We need to round up the crew again and sometime in the near future.

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

Missin' the bejeebies 'atta everyone!
I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

[highlight]one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside[/highlight].

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

i miss all you good people very, very much  :(

T5 reunion  :-?  
I snapped a pic of that moment  ;)

[highlight][/highlight][highlight][/highlight]
0:42- "johnnYYac!"

you can also see my hands (1:07-1:17 and 1:33-1:37-at an angle towards Jim)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4MutW3Q2Ms[/media]

I just noticed, 6 minutes in, capt. scotty and crispy dead ahead!  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Gideon711

i miss oldschool bonnaroo
We are the innovators

BH

OK so I just thought of something.

I was laying on my mattress at about 9 am ish on the morning after It Still Moves.  I was just laying there thinking about how amazing the night before was and how I could possibly handle any more of this ridiculousness.  I probably fell asleep the night before around 5 am or so (thanks to danz and the goddam Brickyard) and I hear a bit of stirring from the other peeps at the group home.  It was coming from the "living room" which was about 37" from my bedroom.

I'm pretty sure it was Tyler and this was the quote......(paraphrasing)

"Man, I hope tonight is not as good as last night.   I mean, I don't even WANT anything to be better than last night.   It just wouldn't be right.  I don't know if I could even take it."

It was so true.    

I miss THAT.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

QuoteOK so I just thought of something.

I was laying on my mattress at about 9 am ish on the morning after It Still Moves.  I was just laying there thinking about how amazing the night before was and how I could possibly handle any more of this ridiculousness.  I probably fell asleep the night before around 5 am or so (thanks to danz and the goddam Brickyard) and I hear a bit of stirring from the other peeps at the group home.  [highlight]It was coming from the "living room" which was about 37" from my bedroom.[/highlight]

I'm pretty sure it was Tyler and this was the quote......(paraphrasing)

"Man, I hope tonight is not as good as last night.   I mean, I don't even WANT anything to be better than last night.   It just wouldn't be right.  I don't know if I could even take it."

It was so true.    

I miss THAT.

HAHAHA. Classic. So many great quotes from the week.

I found in my phone a little memo where I put funny quotes and things from the NYC week. Completely forgot about it. I found this one, which came from Tyler who heard it from a random guy in the crowd after a show:

"When I get back I'm going to sh*t in Angie's pillowcase."

;D
Cow temperature.

ALady

It was so true.    

I miss THAT.

So true.  Each night was just as good, if not better than the last.  I've been hesitant to even try to rank them because I loved each night for so many different reasons.

When people ask me about the trip and I explain that I stayed in a shoebox with 9 other people, most of whom I'd never met before, and that no, it wasn't awkward at all and in fact I miss the heck out of them and can't wait to do it again...well, most folks don't get that.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

It was so true.    

I miss THAT.

So true.  Each night was just as good, if not better than the last.  I've been hesitant to even try to rank them because I loved each night for so many different reasons.

When people ask me about the trip and I explain that I stayed in a shoebox with 9 other people, most of whom I'd never met before, and that no, it wasn't awkward at all and in fact I miss the heck out of them and can't wait to do it again...well, most folks don't get that.   ;D
Seriously right?  Awesomeness.  I miss waking up each day with less sleep and more hungover than the last and not even blinking an eye and taking on the new day all over again.

It was like this:

EDIT:  I don't know what happened but there used to be a picture of a Meatballs poster here with Bill Murray

Right Ky? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

j_rud

I miss looking around the crowd between tunes and making "holy SHIT can you believe this!?!?!" eye contact with random forum members and somehow always finding Ruckus' ridiculous hat...seeing that frog rockin' is for some reason a really vivid memory of the whole week ;D
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

woodnymph

QuoteI miss looking around the crowd between tunes and making "holy SHIT can you believe this!?!?!" eye contact with random forum members and somehow always finding Ruckus' ridiculous hat...seeing that frog rockin' is for some reason a really vivid memory of the whole week ;D
Hahah good call! I've been meaning to throw on here that I verrrrrry randomly was window shopping in Woodstock, the Sunday right after the T5 run, and the Ruckus frog hat was right in a decked-out window display!! It made me smile & I chuckled to myself already nostalgic about the week  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ms. yvon

during my drive to work this morning i remembered this:

toward the end of night one, crispy yelling, "Lil Billy!  Give it to me!" right before the band played it.  awesome!

and this:  over the weekend i put on the jacket i took to nyc, but hadn't worn since.  in the pocket:  a handful of dark hershey's kisses!  (ky, did you bring those?)  chris and i were trading chocolates and lozenges all week.  ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

j_rud

and this:  over the weekend i put on the jacket i took to nyc, but hadn't worn since.  in the pocket:  a handful of dark hershey's kisses!  (ky, did you bring those?)  chris and i were trading chocolates and lozenges all week.  ;D

Not sure if you saw the post Yvon, but a few weeks ago I went to hand my boss something out of my jacket pocket and I pulled out a "Bitchin' Soul Situation" sticker. She was highly amused...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Crispy

Quoteduring my drive to work this morning i remembered this:

toward the end of night one, crispy yelling, "Lil Billy!  Give it to me!" right before the band played it.  awesome!

Ha! Almost as good as the Cap'n calling the opener EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

Ky did bring the chocolates, and they were great! I had the last of mine just the other day. The lozenge trick is brilliant, and I was wishing I had remembered it last week at the two-opener Dr. Dog show.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericmmj

McGees and the walk to T5. The pre-show lineups outside T5 and even the rooftop deck lineup before the mad rush downstairs. Plenty of great folks and chats in all those hours. 8-)

Oh and my old screen name too - ericm.

Somehow got logged out and site wouldn't accept my old password. After many, many tries over several days, and site telling me a new password was sent to me,(it never came)  I just gave up and decided to register under a new screen name.  ;)

darkglow

ms. yvon

Quote...a few weeks ago I went to hand my boss something out of my jacket pocket and I pulled out a "Bitchin' Soul Situation" sticker. She was highly amused...
;D [smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."