Posters Spring 2010 tour

Started by Yimyames, Apr 20, 2010, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

QuoteI was really hoping Guy would rock the Sasquatch poster but it was done by Invisible Creature
That is because Burwell is doing the Sasquatch poster for Portugal. The Man and it will surely be AWESOME!
http://www.guyburwell.com/index.php?pagemode=news
*scroll down for a list of upcoming show posters....

the_wizzard

Quote^ hold on to it, they are very rare....and one just recently sold for $350!  
I would never sell it.....never, never, never!  I absolutely love the image and it has gold fleck paint that is subtle but lovely.

The thing about me is this, me and my husband own some very rare Phish and MMJ posters.  But we went to those shows.  So why would we ever sell them?  They cost $20-$50 at purchase and are beautiful reminders of a lovely time.  

walterfredo

I hear you, I'm in the same boat, have tons of posters I will never part with.  I could probably buy a car if I sold off all my Phish posters.  

Dillsnufus

going to both msgs and boston woot!!!
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

the_wizzard

QuoteI hear you, I'm in the same boat, have tons of posters I will never part with.  I could probably buy a car if I sold off all my Phish posters.  
Ha ha, us too! I have a friend who has a ton of duplicate copies of his Phish posters, a lot of which are rare. And he can't part with a single poster.

walterfredo

any cool posters at all this tour?  

johnnYYac

Quoteany cool posters at all this tour?  

From earlier in this thread, I think this qualifies (and appears to be the only "custom" poster I can find; I didn't look at the merch tables as I didn't want to spend the $$$ or carry posters around, but I've since ordered this).  

http://burlesquedesign.com/store.htm

credit to ryno11111 for the original post
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AMightyCaporal

I got a poster from Merriweather... Its the older style looking one thats been posted but says Merriweather Post Pavilion and May 1st on it  I think the colors are unique to each show.... maybe?
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

johnnYYac

QuoteI got a poster from Merriweather... Its the older style looking one thats been posted but says Merriweather Post Pavilion and May 1st on it  I think the colors are unique to each show.... maybe?

Yeah, it appears every show this tour had the same basic poster design, with different colors and the place and date.  The picture was the one used in early promo for these shows.  The only truly "arty" or "unique" poster I've come across was the Nashville one reposted above.  Did I miss any others?

ALady

We still don't know who did those, do we?

Buggin' me   :P
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Nexty76

MPP posters were sold out when I went to merch. I am looking for any of these three my the best MMJ shows I've been to (aside from Bonn '08) Anyone have or know where I can get these posters?? Irving Plaza NYC '04, Radio City June 2008, NYE at MSG 2008, or MPP this past saturday?!?!? Thanks.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteMPP posters were sold out when I went to merch. I am looking for any of these three my the best MMJ shows I've been to (aside from Bonn '08) Anyone have or know where I can get these posters?? Irving Plaza NYC '04, Radio City June 2008, NYE at MSG 2008, or MPP this past saturday?!?!? Thanks.

Radio City & MSG? Better play the Powerball this week to get either of those.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteMPP posters were sold out when I went to merch. I am looking for any of these three my the best MMJ shows I've been to (aside from Bonn '08) Anyone have or know where I can get these posters?? Irving Plaza NYC '04, Radio City June 2008, NYE at MSG 2008, or MPP this past saturday?!?!? Thanks.

for real... I've been kicking myself for a while now for not picking these up when I had the chance...
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Nexty76

Ha ha, figured I might as well ask! Oh well. Those two shows were insane, but knew I too messy a night ahead to think I would make it home with the poster. Should have taken my chances.

walterfredo

they're not that much, you can acquire either of these for around $100 give or take (at least for the 2nd edition Radio City).  The Burwell Bonnaroo print goes for a bit more.  

ryno11111

Found another "original" for the Koka booth show.   I believe it was designed by Sergio Moctezuma.  Other than that I don't have any info but just thought I would share...

AMightyCaporal

johnnYYac

A janitor just handed me a tube, with my Nashville poster within.  My students don't get the thrill, but I'll be shopping for a frame this weekend!  Yay!

layin low

QuoteFound another "original" for the Koka booth show.   I believe it was designed by Sergio Moctezuma.  Other than that I don't have any info but just thought I would share...

That's awesome! Any info if it's for sale?

deathstick

I was one of the first people in through the gate and the first person at the merch stand. There were no posters other than the billboard style poster.

I've got an idea for a poster for the three Petty shows...top secret. I will be getting around to starting it soon. I have another poster idea that I started working on a few months ago, but with no dates other than the end of summer shows, I can't even try to get it to management. I did contact their management but never heard back from anyone. It's NOWHERE near as cool as a Burwell but I've enjoyed working on it.