Cards fans in Lex?

Started by DaveStarck, Nov 15, 2003, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveStarck

Hey all.  I'm a student at UK looking to start a club for UofL fans at the school.  To do so, I need a UK staff sponsor and an outside of the University sponsor (who lives in Lexington).  This is not a monetary sponsorship, but rather name association with the club.  Responsibilities would be minimal if there are any at all (such as offering suggestions for the club).  I was just checking to see if there is anyone out there interested who might be up to putting there name with this cause.  If so, post here or email me at PureDave1@hotmail.com        Thanks-Dave Starck
Everything it seems I like's a little bit stronger

Gallsgirl

OMG!!! How dare you even post this!!! Im shocked! If I were you I would keep your team preference to yourself in lexington... you wouldnt want this getting out!

Im just joking with you by the way (well to an extent) Enough said!

DaveStarck

tee hee.  you're funny

DaveStarck

that wasn't sarcastic by the way.  I really did think that was a funny comment.  I'm well aware of the danger I'm in.  I have vicious, vicious velociraptors surrounding me at all corners waiting to hear me mention the cards.  It's so scary down here in Lexington.

JacketNation

Dave, I can identify.  I went to UK in 1978.  You weren't born yet (you suck) but UL had some of their greatest teams during the years I was in Lexington (Darrell Griffith, Rodney/Scooter McCray, the late great Derek Smith, Wiley Brown (with only one thumb), David "Poncho" Wright, etc.  Anyway, I can remember commandeering the TV in Haggin Hall, and later, Kirwin II, to watch UL games on a decent TV and risking getting my ass kicked by those UK fans who always said..."Duh, my two favorites teams are the CATS and whoever is playing the Blackbirds" (this was back when UL was 90% black while UK was only about 50/50).  I love UL and UK--I only have to pick between them one time each year.  Okay, twice counting football.  Good luck with getting the club started, there were a few other UL diehards at UK back in the day.

Gallsgirl

LOL i know! Heck I am a HUGE UK fan but my boyfriend is a HUGE UofL fan! To say the least we dont get along too well when it comes to Dec.  ??? wonder why? ;D I couldnt even imagine being out numbered like you are! Its a scary thought!

Pinte

Dave,

You might want to try at Louisville.theinsiders.com. Lots of Cards fans there.

GO CARDS!!!

DaveStarck

Good call.  Why didn't I think of that?  Thanks for the advice.