What guitars/amps is everyone using?

Started by edward, Jan 04, 2004, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward

Main guitar is a '72 Tele reissue, Keef style. I've also got a '65 Jaguar that has no paint and completely worn down frets that I picked up on ebay for $400.

Ampwise I've got a '65 Twin Reissue that I'm probably selling cause I need the money and it's too damn loud. Also got a Marshall JCM800 4210 combo which I picked up cheap and is pretty nice.

tomEisenbraun

im running this pretty crappy Ibanez GAX70 right now. its sort of a les paul rip off, and i custom painted it so it looks compltely tripped. I'm also custom building a les paul from www.warmoth.com . it'll be finished in about two weeks.
My amp is a Marshall AVT50 combo, that i owuld gladly trade in for somehting higher up with less gain.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ben grimm

I use a '72 tele as well, the thinline reissue, put through a deville, sounds sweet.

Lieven

Well, to be honest, my air guitar does pretty well.
Mom and dad gave me some nice arms and vibefeeling... Sound could be better though.
 ;D

No seriously, have a Squier (Stratocaster), read "a would be Fender". Stands in the corner though ... a shame, i know. Started playing on my own some years ago, but didn't get really far. Then other things came up, and now all that's left are plans to start again... :-/
To give you an idea: Hotel California by The Eagles  and some parts of other songs (Metallica, Nirvana,... yep, idols of my teenager-time) is all i can still play.
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

Adron

QuoteI use a '72 tele as well, the thinline reissue, put through a deville, sounds sweet.

I've got a '72 Thinline also! Except it's a real '72 and one of two in this custom color. The other belongs to Rivers Cuomo of Weezer. I just had to rewire the whole harness, though. I was able to find original '72 pots.  :) Ampwise, it's a collection of tweed, silverface, and blackface Champs, Pricetons, and Deluxes, with a very bastardized Super Reverb for when I need to be loud.

ben grimm

That must sound sweet, one day I'll have the real thing......one day........

Oz

I use a beautiful blue accoustic guitar....  ;D

Yeah, I've always liked accoustic better than electric. That sound... That vibration... Nice....  ;D
I'm ready when you are

DD

i use a kustom 250 head with a kustom 410 amp.  the kustom is from the 70's, im told its the kind of amp john fogerty uses.

in the studio i have been recording tracks with an ampeg b-15 that is featured on some mmj albums.

my main player is a made in japan 1962 reissue stratocaster in fiesta red.  its from the mid 90's has an unfinished neck and is the best guitar ive ever played.

my live backup is a made in japan 1962 reissue stratocaster in shell pink.  its from 1996 and is the 40th anniversary model.

and in the studio i sometimes use my mid 90's made in ? epiphone dot.  it fattens up the sound a lot.  but tweaking the strats has worked so far in our current sessions.

i almost exculsively play through a 1970's maestro fuzztain and occasionally use a maestro phaser, a dunlop crybaby, an origional DOD 250 overdrive pedal, and/or a moogerfooger low pass filter and big muff.  (the last two are mostly used when playing bass)
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails