How are primaries goin'?

Started by lfish, Dec 22, 2003, 02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

QuoteI don't think we can ignore that kind of a threat coming from a man in charge of an army and known for using some nasty weapons on people within the boarders of his country.

Yeah right! And who gave him those weapons?  Does anybody remember the name Khomeini? Or Reagan, also such a fool with his grotesque star wars initiative.  
lfish

lfish

Sometimes european critique against mr Bush policiy is that he forgets very rapidly. To quick, if you ask me.

History is a mighty source of wisdom.  Use it well.
lfish

my_evening_jacket

First of all I wish all of you a peaceful holiday season.

Next year this time I hope to be listening to a bit of John Lennon - Merry Christmas War is Over.

I agree with Jackson that this country is not ready for a black woman president.  To be honest I think that Oprah would stand the greatest chance of being elected out of any black woman I can think of in this country.(and she wouldn't get my vote unless it was a vote against anyone in the current Bush regime I mean administration).  I would not under any circumstances vote for Condi.

I don't think any woman regardless of race stands a chance in this country.  Nor does any non-white male (Colin Powell would get a lot of votes but still could not win).  And, IMHO any non-WASP male would not get elected in this country.

Of course this all just my opinion.  Time will tell.

But if Bush gets elected this time around I may be packing my bags and moving to Ireland.

Peace
shake some action

Oz

Wow, some discussion... I have to admit that the last few months, I´ve been hiding in my own little life, not wanting to have anything to do with the rest of the world. I mean, it´s gotten too depressing for me, to look at politics, to read about all those wars and stuff. Our own little country (Holland, that is) is also fucking up big time. And frankly, I don´t wanna know anymore. My world is getting smaller and smaller. And I still don´t know if that´s good or bad. I mean, I still care about enviroment and poverty and stuff, and I give money to Greenpeace and homeless guys. But I know this world is full of really dumb guys with bad ideas that rule the world. Now, all I can do is live my life in a cave where they can't reach me, metaphorically speaking, ofcourse. I still vote, but I'm not depressed when the wrong guys win anymore, 'cuz I know they will. I just figure, I do what I think is right, I vote on the right guy, I buy the right products, I listen to the right music, and I got a bunch of friends around me that do the same and that's good enough for me. I know the rest fucks it all up, but so be it. And frankly, I don't know any other way to live right now...
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Yep, It went about time to dig up this topic again.

Kerry ahead in the meaningless caucus of Iowa.  Well I must say that I like this guy better than howard dean. Dean also seems (just like bush) like a rodeoguy.  He is not so moderate as Kerry and I believe this will cost him his candidacy.  Kerry has also a lot of congress experience and knows how to lobby?  Does anyone know his position?  He's a senator allright, but which role holds he?  Is he a minority leader, minority whip, ... or is he a member of any important commission?

Can you guys help me out here, because newspapers don't write so detailed on this matter.

For the moment I'm eagerly waiting on the New Hampshire primaries where Clark joins in. Just gonna see what he pulls off overthere.

lfish

lfish

Yep Kerry all the way.  I must say that this man has it.  He has the looks, he has the brains and he has the right ideas.  I'm glad Howard Dean has dropped out. He was way to radicale to become a president. He wouldn't have made a chance against dubja.  I also like the words of Kerry where he pleaded for international cooperation instead of unilateral isolation and domination.  Maybe a new president can give back the faith to the people and giva a boost to the economy.  I truly hope so. 6 months of unemployment, it makes me sick.
lfish

David Cross for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peanut butter puddin surprise

I too have felt that Mr. Dean isn't the right guy, right now, and am glad someone like John Kerry (moderate enough for swing voters) is around.  With all that Heinz ketchup money, I hope he's got the goods.

Another 4 years of the W and we'll all be sorry.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

c'mon everyone this is a band dedicated to the most wonderful bunch of musicians in America and y'all wanna yak about political crap????  let's stay active and listen to what everyone has to offer and based on what comes out of the varying forums get out and make an informed decision when the time comes. ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.