R.I.P. Bill Hicks & Kurt Cobain

Started by ---, Feb 27, 2004, 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

---

Last night, on One World, radio 1, they featured a most fantastic 2 hour show on Bill Hicks and Kurt Cobain. Kurt died on the 6th April 94 and Bill Hicks died less than 6 weeks earlier, on 26th February, 10 years ago yesterday.

The producers of that show did the most incredible job, of fusing Bill's side-splittin comedic stories'n'rants with Nirvana's music - Kurt's voice burnin it with equal telling rage and force and truth - twas quite a devastating combo, cos one minute you'd be cryin wit laughter, your tummy'n'sides gittin sore wit laughter when Bill was lettin rip and then, Nirvana would be mixed in and Kurt's voice would be rippin you apart in a different way ... from Bill Hicks story about when he's up at heaven's door, arguin about dinasours wit God & Jesus, & why weren't dinosaurs mentioned in the bible? and being thus rejected from the pearly gates to the fiery firy lake below to Kurt's 'Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam' ... devastatin combo ... R.I.P Bill Hicks and Kurt Cobain, sooooo sorely missed : (

ps: in this weeks NME, p.10 'Burn It - My Morning Jacket - The Kentucky boys' Jim James puts together a cd of songs that remind him of home':-

Pink Floyd - Echoes
Jackson Browne - These Days
Andrew Bird - Don't be Scared
Dr. Dog - Say Aaah
Ray Charles - Don't let the sun catch you crying
Centro-Matic - Flashes and cables
Sun Kil Moon - Glenn Tipton
Matthew Wilder - Break my Stride
Outkast - Player's Ball
2Pac - Do For Love
Songs: Ohia - Farewell Transmission

Oz

Ooh, I'll definitely be downloading those tracks!
I'm ready when you are

dogandponyshow

that Sun Kil Moon disc is worth picking up....

D.