WHATS YOUR FAVORITE NEIL YOUNG RECORD?

Started by BLEEDforever, Jan 27, 2004, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Albuquerque?!?  you're the first person i've ever heard say that...  seriously.  the first neil young record is great too.  does anyone have the complete rock 'n roll cowboy set?  i'm missing one...

Rabid_Washcloth

Yeah, but the lead-in guitar is damn near perfect.

American Stars N' Bars is pretty much a country album.  Star of Bethlehem and Hold Back the Tears are standout songs.  A couple of country rock tunes and the same old worn out LAH you've heard a thousand times.  Definitely worth tracking down.

If you can find it transferred to CD, Time Fades Away is a good rarity to have.  It's basically Tonight's the Night, Disc 2.

BLEEDforever

[glb]stars+bars is fuckin great ;D
i demand you listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/glb]
B*L*T*=MIDWESTERN BLACK+BLUE THROUGH+THROUGH

CC

Quote[glb]stars+bars is fuckin great ;D
i demand you listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/glb]

[glb][glb]seriously?[/glb][/glb]  ;D
guess i'll have to check it out then!

BLEEDforever

;Dmotherhumpin serious its a cold bowl of chili serious you'll get that later ;D

Oz

Quote;Dmotherhumpin serious its a cold bowl of chili serious you'll get that later ;D

Personally, I really don't have a clue what the hell that means. Anyone?  ???
I'm ready when you are

BLEEDforever

Personally, I really don't have a clue what the hell that means. Anyone?  ???
[glb]saddle up your palimino the sun is goin down the way i feel is much to real ;D[/glb]

ben grimm

The compilation that Brian asked about has been rumoured for years, working title of 'the archives' I believe. The book 'Shakey' talks about it quite a lot, Neil works on it from time to time apparantly but it may never see light of day.

Jellyfish

Here are my top 5 fav NY records:

1.Tonight's the Night
2.Rust Never Sleeps
3.Time Fades Away
4.Greendale
5.Ragged Glory
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

igor

tonight's the night
rust never sleeps/live rust
after the gold rush
comes a time
on the beach
ragged glory

wordawg

Live Rust and Tonights the Night. Mmmmmmmmm class
the future is Ginger

smartie

I can't believe no-one's mentioned 'Everybody knows this is nowehere' so I just have.  Classic tracks like Cinnamon Girl, Down by the River, Cowgirl in the Sand.  It's up there with One the Beach and Tonight's the Night, making a trilogy of freakin greatness

BLEEDforever

[glb]my pal used to awaken us on saturday morns with big bowls of green love and that record playin through his awesome denon set up ;D
boy i miss bein 18 and free!
[/glb]

grady

Zuma. followed closely by Time Fades Away

brian

hey, i got the stars 'n bars album last week.  i've grown very attached to it.  thanks for the advice!  any other music people are listening to worth recommending?

DougMac

Good to see so many people mentioning On The Beach.  I guess the recent CD reissue has a lot to do with that.  My vinyl copy cost me 40 quid about 5 years ago.  But worth every penny.  Now if only Neil would stop being so bloody awkward and release Time Fades Away on CD.  

Top Five Neil Young:

1. On The Beach
2. After The Goldrush
3. Everybody Knows....
4. Sleeps With Angels
5. Zuma