Main Menu

Hey

Started by cineater, Mar 06, 2004, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cineater

Hi, I'm new.  Cindy from St Louis.  Really like this music.

You usually catch me on the GNR boards.  Please don't give me any shit for that, GNR fans get enough abuse from the band--lol

And a Deadhead--say that with pride.

lfish

I really like gnr but I hate axl's attitude.  Sometimes you have to make the distinction between the band and the music.  Luckely mmj combines both so perfectly.  ;D

Btw Welcome on the board. I hope you have a good time here hanging around! If you have any questions just shoot them and we will try to help you along.
lfish

cineater

Actually, I was looking at the picture of the band dressed up in those costumes and thinking Buckethead would feel right at home.

I heard the band on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.  And I have a friend from Kentucky who has heard them.  The music really grabs and holds your attention but besides having the CD, I don't know anything about the band.  Came here looking to see if they were playing in St Louis anytime soon.

Oz

Okay, I'd say it's now official that MMJ is a fucking great band: We have a G'nR fan on the forum! Hurray!  ;D

But, err, okay, I won't give you shit. Hey, I play the Pet Shop Boys every once a year, so...  ;)

Welcome to the gang, by the way.  :)
I'm ready when you are

cineater

Oh I don't know about that GNR fan recognition making them at great band.  It's the Deadhead in me taking note of this band.  I put in this CD and for all I cared the world could have stopped while I checked this out.

I see they have two other CD's.  Which one do you recommend I try next?

I am talking the band in the off topic section aren't I?  Don't worry I'm usually off topic.  I've been known to babble--lol--a whole lot.

Oz

Oh, no matter, cineater. We all tend to wander off in different directions here. :)

As for the other albums... The first album The Tennessee Fire is mainly accoustic and slow. Sad songs played solo by Jim, plus a few up tempo with the band and 1 real rocker. At Dawn is the one in between: some really slow, sad ones, some rockers like on the new album. Then there's also a handful of EP's, of wich you might wanna hear their Xmas album (really beautiful), their split EP with Songs: Ohia (rocks very hard) en Chocolate and Ice, wich is really experimental and druggy. So if you like the rock, check out the Split EP first and then At Dawn, that'd be my suggestion.
I'm ready when you are

cineater

So not the only band that's been through some line up changes.  Been a hell of a week.

Oz

Hehe... I can't help but laugh, I'm sorry. Chinese democracy was said to be released in a few months, right? Yeah, that Axl is a funny fella...  ;D
I'm ready when you are