Hi everyone...I'm Back

Started by otter, Apr 05, 2004, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

For the first time in almost two years I had to have a hiatus away from the Jacket. It wasn't planned, I just realized that I hadn't listened to them or been to visit the board lately.

Hope everyone is doing well John, O, Riny, Jackson, Danilove, Jezebel, My Evening Jacket, Greggy, MarkTwain, lfish, Plank10, Hipkink, DD, Tooth, Igor and Burrito Brother (and to anyone fairly new that I don't know yet). I missed reading what everyone is up to...hopefully, I'll see some of you on the road this spring.

Have there been any major things happening lately?...I kind of skimmed through the posts..

O Hope you're feeling better..that's one of the few things I did see.

What about the band? How are the new guys fitting in? I guess it's been too long...Fill me in..Thanks

wordawg

Welcome back Otter!

Nothing has happened while you've been away.  We just drank some beer, told some jokes, explored JCs bottom fixation, argued a bit, celebrated whenever we could think of something...................we've been waiting for you to come back.

And now we carry on.
the future is Ginger

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteexplored JCs bottom fixation

LOL.

Welcome back, Otter!  How's it going up yer way?  We've also debated the merits of a Coors commerical and generally gotten ourselves in a tizzy about the upcoming tour.  

Oh, and you may want to check the FTP server...new stuff abounds, and I've just gotten into the SHN format, which I can't stop talking about!

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Hey Otter, nice to see you again! I still got the blues big time, but thanks for asking.  :)
I'm ready when you are

plank10

Howdy. Glad to see you back.

And O go get the new Modest Mouse it will both cheer you and let you wallow in depression.

marktwain

Good to have ya back.

...and
Quotego get the new Modest Mouse
.  I was about to make this same recommendation.  It's a frigging great album.  

lfish

Hey Otter,

Welcome back to the holy jacket fandom. No prob if you slip away now and then.  I also seem to notice that my presence dropped lately, due to my work, though I try to visit and read the threads almost every day.

Hey O, lately I've spent a lot of time in the netherlands, more exactly in Eindhoven for my work (philips). Dutch people are really cool people (at least the guys I had contact with) but they didn't seem to know my morning jacket.  

Otter, concerning the band, they're still doing fine, new guys fitt in well, they still make music, they still seem to copy the neverending tour of mr Dylan(which is a good thing, but the guys need a break too) and a lot of other crazy silly things have happened, but are slippin' my mind right now.

Does anyone know if the jacket will hit some European festivals this summer? That would be awesome!

lfish

wordawg

Does anyone know if the jacket will hit some European festivals this summer? That would be awesome!

Ditto from the UK lfish.
It's been too long.
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Otter

You never did explain you absence.  If it's not interesting, make up some really good lies.

I'm easy pleased, allegedly ;)
the future is Ginger

Oz

Hey, Ifish, I've only just read that remark of yours about Eindhoven - must have missed it. Eindhoven is not one of my favorite cities, but I do know some people from there and most of them are cool.  :)

But yeah, Otto, where have you been?
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Yeah O,

A couple of weeks ago, I stayed in eindhoven for a night and me and my colleagues went out to have a drink, but it's a rather quiet city, with not so much to do.  Though they do have a lot of belgian beers overthere.  ;D

And yeah otter where have you been?
lfish

elemenopee

Hope everyone is doing well John, O, Riny, Jackson, Danilove, Jezebel, My Evening Jacket, Greggy, MarkTwain, lfish, Plank10, Hipkink, DD, Tooth, Igor and Burrito Brother (and to anyone fairly new that I don't know yet).

Hi, Otter (cute little animal!) I'm new.  :)