Richmond Fontaine

Started by smog1974, Jun 23, 2004, 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zmog1974

Any of you guys out there like..Richmond Fontaine..get the Albums..Winnemucca and Post To Wire. They are real cool..lyrics in line with Springsteen but obviously much better. Great Pedal Steel too.

dogandponyshow

Huge Richmond Fontaine fan....Don't know if any of you read UNCUT magazine.  The best music magazine that comes from the U.K.  They reviewed Post to Wire and it was the album of the month and then had a big article written about them the next month by the editor of the mag.  Lucky to say, that I am friends with the band.  Last Summer a freind mine had them come out to house and play an acoustic gig that was epic.  THey just played a show down In Winnemucca on the 19th that a friend mine form Portland drove dwon to the show.  That is where the main man, Willy Vlautin, is orginally from.  WOuld have gone myself, but had a previous plans....pissed me off but had choice.  It they come to your city, make sure to hit the show.

D.

Zmog1974

Hey man thats real cool. Iwent to see RF a couple of weeks ago in a tiny venue here in East London U.K..tHEY BLEW ME AWAY. If you have any rare tracks can you  dupe them for me that would be real cool.Its impossible over here in England.I'll definitely be going to see them again.Keep in touch Smog ps..im gonna give a copy to two tone and "ryan the soundman" to see what they think.

dogandponyshow

Let me see what I can do....I will get back to you.

D.