Re: lyrics for Mahgeetah

Started by danilove, Sep 11, 2003, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danilove

This is really random ::), but I must admit that I was a little disappointed to see that the actual lyric is: "I been waitin on the boat here I been waitin so long"...Ever since that hokey, airbrushed-looking(MOJO?)picture last spring, I kept thinkin' Jim was singin: "I been waitin on the pony I been waitin so long"...which has made me laugh to myself ever since. Anyway...Yes. Crack is good.  
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

peanut butter puddin surprise

Oh Dani, I'm sure there isn't crack involved... ;)

I always thought it was "I've been waiting on the boulevard"...but I'm also kinda silly.

By the time that lyric comes, I'm usually banging my head so hard that I can't hear it anyways!  But thanks for the tip.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dwight

By the way, I'm pretty sure that "Mahgeetah" the word came from the word "MY GUITAR". Jim just F n around with Ladi Da to My Guitaaar... Mah Geetah... and so on.

Drunkre

Really old thread...sorry, I'm new, just fishing for sheeaht to talk about.  My friend and I have always assumed the girl he is singing about is name Maggie, and Mahgeetah simply an extension of that...a playful nickname if you will.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

Jellyfish

I thought it was "MY GUITAR!" as well.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

TheMollusk

hey guess what, if you buy the cd and look in the booklet, the lyrics are right there! who woulda thunk? and its the first friggin song..forget it

Drunkre

I don't think the question was what he's saying literally, but instead what "Mahgeetah" (which is a nonsensical word) means.  Therefore, looking at a cd lyric booklet wouldn't be the most logical step.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

jezebel

Damn it, danilove, you know i'm with you. it's a frickin' PONY.

Admittedly, the ambiguity of "Mahgeetah" has been a fun to tease people...when new converts ask about it, it's fun to make up crap. one of my favorites is suggesting that "mahgeetah" is actually a concept from the Bhagavad Gita, and this song is representative of their recent conversion to buddhism. I've also suggested that it was originally recorded as a b-side and jim sang with his mouth full of jumbo marshmallows; when they made the album cut they rerecorded the vocals but kept the altered title. of course, i always come clean...but you always have to wonder if that's how the "Jimi Hendrix puts LSD in his headband" and "Paul is dead" kind of rumors start.

or if you play black sabbath or kiss backwards, you'll lose your soul to the devil...or if you cut your arm slightly and shove peanut butter in there that it will give you a killer buzz...or having sex in a tree or with the lights on prevents pregnancy...or how smoking a "tobie" from a "tobie tree" will give you the best buzz ever...or that john denver flew his plane in the pacific ocean because he was secretly gay and couldn't live with himself anymore...etc. etc.

yeah, gotta love the urban legends...did you hear that patrick's love of billiards made him start worshipping a plastic statue of minnesota fats?

lyricjunkie

Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteAnyway...Yes. Crack is good.  
attempt to insert dumb adolescent style bathroom humor here has been squashed by reactivation of brain cells :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

sorry that last post was completely uncalled for :-X

ahem, "modify" always works... :)

MMJ_fanatic

thanx--temporary brain death :-[