:)  Its your life John Conaway!

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Aug 26, 2004, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

So... who is this visitor from our own planet, with powers and abilities far beyond mortal man?  how did you get to know the guys and just how much do you know from "behind the music" about our belove MMJ???  reveal yourself o man of mystery!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteSo... who is this visitor from our own planet, with powers and abilities far beyond mortal man?  how did you get to know the guys and just how much do you know from "behind the music" about our belove MMJ???  reveal yourself o man of mystery!

MUWHAHAHHAH!  

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

no really though.  i'm flattered to the nth power that anyone would be interested in hearing my story...frankly, i'm amazed that people read this stuff and reply, and when i meet people in person it's always a treat.

i've expressed my love for everyone here before, but here it comes again...feel the love!  you guys are the reason i keep coming here every single moment of the day.

and again, to clarify, this is the MMJ message board, and i promise not to turn the "off topic ramblings" area into the John Conaway weblog.  You all are just a part of things as I am-the MMJ community at large.  we're equals, brothers and sisters, and it is the community we've built here that's what is most important.  Yes, even the Mollusk.  :o

so, to my story:  coupla years ago when Riny launched this site and the message board full force, I had already had some serious message board time on other boards.  I was determined not just to post as many silly messages as possible, but to immediately seize the day and create a fan space here dedicated to community.  I also was and still am determined to keep the nasty business somewhere else.  (and yes, I am nasty from time to time...sorry!)  Politics aside, I think we keep it pretty clean here...and even in politics, we do a good job of respecting each other.  RESPECT is where it's at.  I wanted to create this fan space out of love for the music and respect for the guys and fellow fans.

I consider the guys to be my brothers, the love is not lost there!  But as for gossipy stuff, I know nothing and even if I did, it wouldn't be communicated here or anywhere.  I am 1000% defensive of the band here not because "they can do no wrong" or that I'm sleeping with one or more of them, but because I know what they go through and they can't spend all day here like I can to ward off flaming on tours, Coors, or bores.  (couldn't come up with a rhyme there)

I'm not privy to anything other than what you guys know...as I explained so long ago, I'm just a dude in Louisville that's a huge fan.

I have had the privilege of meeting and befriending the guys over the years, and as with everyone else, they've been nothing but gracious, kind, loving, and respectful...and THAT is what seperates them from the Mellencamps of the world.  Not only do we have the luck of having a band here in Louisville that rawks the house, but we also have the luck of having some really nice, attitude free dudes to look up to.  Their music has changed my life, and yours too if you're reading this.  I consider them to be my all time favorite band, and I don't say that for any other reason than love for the music and love for the guys.
Name any another band you can say that about...it is the simplicity of that message that is what makes it so great, and I will stand on radio towers to shout that out to the world and use whatever media it takes to spread the gospel.

Feel the love.  Spread the joy.  Not just a slogan, but a way of life.  

lfish

I Can Imagine John standing in the court and holding his plea.

You sure would have convinced me John.
I believe in your innocence, all the way.

It's a plea like in those lawsuit films such as in a few good men.

lfish

QuoteIt's a plea like in those lawsuit films such as in a few good men

You can't handle the truth!  ;)

Thanks for the props, that made me smile... ;D

The Boar

Quoteand I will stand on radio towers to shout that out to the world and use whatever media it takes to spread the gospel.

Feel the love.  Spread the joy.  Not just a slogan, but a way of life.  

Wow, John, very powerful. Cheers to you as our leader and spokesman, and thanks for the much-needed reminder of why we're all here!

Andrew

MMJ_fanatic

just to be clear JC, I wasn't lookin for dirt on the guys just thought there may be some interesting insight into the individual players that you could bring to the table ;)

Oz

So, John, you were Tom Cruise all along? Man, it's a crazy world we're living in...  ???
I'm ready when you are

lfish

lfish

Oz

My first thought, while reading the subject title, was:

"It's your world, Conaway, I'm just living in it!"

:D
I'm ready when you are

QuoteMy first thought, while reading the subject title, was:

"It's your world, Conaway, I'm just living in it!"

:D

Wow, what a world that would be:  hungry, fucked up people wandering around the earth in MMJ tshirts or Gorton's Fisherman outfits, espousing far left politics, driving Dodge Neons, wearing dirty Keds and generally having apathy followed by bouts of shitkickin'.  Nice.

Now come on, this isn't my world, it's EVERYONE's!!  ;D

CC

Wow, what a world that would be:  hungry, fucked up people wandering around the earth in MMJ tshirts or Gorton's Fisherman outfits, espousing far left politics, driving Dodge Neons, wearing dirty Keds and generally having apathy followed by bouts of shitkickin'.  Nice.

Now come on, this isn't my world, it's EVERYONE's!!  ;D

now if only you'd be the last one on earth wearing an MMJ shirt, drivin the dodge... and everyone else is wandering around, fucked up, wearing Gorton's Fisherman outfits. THAT would be a great sequel to Omega Man!

can we get Uma Thurman and Miranda Otto to star with Orlando Bloom as me?  If I'm gonna be portrayed by any star, it better be him instead of that Charlton Heston dude.  Ewwwwww. :)

CC

charlton will be in there but he'll get vaporized by sgt. kabukiman after 5 minutes, maybe 6.

MMJ_fanatic

driving Dodge Neons

ahhh a MOPAR man--after my own heart Johnny!

Quotecharlton will be in there but he'll get vaporized by sgt. kabukiman after 5 minutes, maybe 6.

sweeeeeeeeeet