Explain your damn username

Started by sweatboard, Oct 05, 2004, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

While reviewing the 2004 Atl. show on one of the threads, I had a Freuidian slip and misspelled Fretboard.

There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

i only go by my true handle...others have known me by connjohnaway or some other conflabulation....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

QuoteWhile reviewing the 2004 Atl. show on one of the threads, I had a Freuidian slip and misspelled Fretboard.

I like sweatboard better - it has a passion to it. Mine is rather predictable. 'Phone Went West' has 'our song' status with my partner and me, and I'm a doctor.

MMJ_fanatic

I think there is no explanation needed here :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

marktwain

Tundra is a nickname I've had since the days of short pants.  It almost rhymes w/ my last name.

Iused to be marktwain,because it was the 1st pseudonym I thought of, but I felt like I was being pretentious.

sweatboard

we need the folowing "Users" to come forward and "Explain your damn username!"

dogandponyshow (Are You a Shellac Fan?)
Havibulin
lfish
Magnix
smog 1974
Papa Joe Bear
Plank 10
40223 (Just explain what the fuck your avitar is)
The Link
Olwiggum
EC
Greggy
Garth 69
Bengrim
rabid washcloth

katkillad

i kill cats...all day long

but seriously, i took this name from some lyrics i misinterpreted during my teenage years.  I didnt find out for a long time that I had the wrong lyrics, but i just stuck with it.

sweatboard

MMJ_fanatic

I believe the link works for a mortgage company with link in its name
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Coltrane

I love John Coltrane....

i believe "Havibulin" is a hockey fan...
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

lfish

Quotewe need the folowing "Users" to come forward and "Explain your damn username!"

dogandponyshow (Are You a Shellac Fan?)
Havibulin  
lfish
Magnix
smog 1974
Papa Joe Bear
Plank 10
40223 (Just explain what the fuck your avitar is)
The Link
Olwiggum
EC
Greggy
Garth 69
Bengrim
rabid washcloth

Just go to the tread 'the band'--> "Usernames"

All is explained, no secrets or hush hush
lfish

sweatboard

you mean this thread?

Oh my god.  My brother can do that, or, at least, he used to be able to.  Haven't asked him a while.  But even further, he can BREATHE through his ass.  Full inhaling and exhaling action.

Ahem.

I'm not a member of the band.  (Is that still the right topic?)

I'm also not a muppet, although I've been called one before.  I think Big Bird is a boy, but that's only because of his(her) voice.  My favourite muppet is the little worm, and I'm not even sure if that was a muppet.  Or were we talking about Sesame Street Characters?  eff-it.  I think the worm was called "inchy".

sweatboard

lfish: Lfish is derived from El Fish, a Belgian blues band who unfortunately split up.

As I am a bluesman myself, this name makes sense to me.

sweatboard

EC: My name is just the initials from a longer name which is my cat's name.  Ember Cat.

dogandponyshow

Here you go...one of my favorite groups growing up was Husker Du...hard and fast but in their day cutting edge.  One of the members, Bob Mould, who formed the band Sugar after Husker Du broke up. Pick up the disc Copper Blue by Sugar...awesome.  Sugar disbanded and he started putting out solo albums and one was called dogandponyshow.  Another great disc to pick up....there it is.

D.

Rabid_Washcloth

My name was made up years ago when my brother and I used to enter chat rooms and stir shit up – much like The Mollusk, but in a less annoying way.  It was a lot of fun when an entire chat room, which was once calmly discussing weight loss or theology, suddenly focused all their attention on you.

We both came up with names that sounded slightly abrasive or offensive, but were still somewhat humorous.  I figured Rabid Washcloth was perfect because, well, I guess you wouldn't go and wash your ballsack with one...would you?

PapaJoeBear

My name has been with me for years. It came came from a spring break camping trip when I was a junior and high school. Bunch of high school kids party ing in the mountains of western Maryland.  One evening, while we were all hallucinating on 'things', my friend came around the corner of my van, and said.."Oh my gosh, Joe's a bear!" So it's tuck every since. It was always JoeBear, until I had a kid, my senior year. Then I was PapaBear, my girlfriend was MamaBear.  Now its PapaJoeBEar. So there's my story!

Peace
JoeBear

wordawg

I was raised by wild dogs in the middle of Northumberland. By day they led me hither and thon. At night when we snuggled together for warmth I used to hear wildfowl make this unusual sound that seemed to hang in the mist soaked air.  It sounded to me like the word "ugghie". When I used the word (my first) with my 'family', they GRRRowled their understanding. Hence, Gr-eggy.
And thats a fact.

Its just a coincidence that my human name is Ian Gregg.
Probably.

the future is Ginger

wordawg

..and my other human name is 'shite talker' but I didn't feel that it fitted with the overall feel here. ;)
the future is Ginger

corey

A friend of mine once called me Wiggum (named after Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons) because I ask so many damn questions. I think he referred to me as Lil' Wiggum once and I used that as my AOL screen name several years ago. I changed accounts one time and I couldn't use that again so I chose Olwiggum and I use that for damn near everything now...